Can't decide on feedback

Options
Hi :) I purchased an item of childs clothing and when it arrived there was part of it missing ( two part set) it had dog hair on, there was dried food on the inside and it was sent second class when postage was charged at first class. Its not worth sending back tracked, and I am torn between a neg or neutral. The only thing against a neg is the low feedback the seller has due to them being newish, as a neg would give them something like a 92% feedback rate.
Any advice?

Comments

• skivenov
    skivenov Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Options
    Drop the seller a message and politely explain your concerns?
    Yes it's overwhelming, but what else can we do?
    Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?
  • piglet25
    piglet25 Posts: 927 Forumite
    Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    I thought of that but when I had checked their feedback ( after the item arrived - doh!) it appears that someone else was sold a brand new and unworn item and it turned up filthy too. They mentioned this in their feedback and she stated that they were lying to get money off. I am going to mak eit a rule of mine to check feedback before bidding now, instead of just glancing at their % I will be readiing the comments.
  • lindseykim13
    lindseykim13 Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    Options
    I'd still give them the chance to rectify the problem before leaving fb, if they respond by bad mouthing then you won't feel bad about leaving that neg!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Always talk to the seller first- if ebay see a message they are less likely to remove poor feedback.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Crowqueen
    Crowqueen Posts: 5,726 Forumite
    Options
    I would drop them a line too, but I think that sounds like a neg unless they are really apologetic. I suspect someone who thinks it's OK to send items like that isn't going to be terribly receptive to complaints, and it's not my business to prop up poor sellers, but as Soo says, it will make sure the neg actually sticks.
    "Well, it's election year, Bill, we'd rather people didn't exercise common sense..." - Jed Bartlet, The West Wing, season 4

Am now Crowqueen, MRes (Law) - on to the PhD!
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Definitely contact them!

I bought a size 8/10 dress in excellent condition that was indeed in excellent condition when it arrived, but was size AGED 11! Suitable for a size 8/10 person who is under 5ft tall with ironing board chest! (I'm 5ft 11 and skinny with curves - it looked ridiculous!).

Anyway... I contacted the seller, who then proved to be useless, so as it wasn't worth the cost returning it, I opened a dispute on ebay, asked for return postage to be paid. Ebay found in my favour, gave me a refund, and I didn't have to return it. I left a neg for the seller.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • piglet25
    piglet25 Posts: 927 Forumite
    Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    I will send them amessage and if they aren't prepared to rectify it then I will see what ebay can do, puts me off buying :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure