digital compact camera??

Options
looking for xmas present for OH,
small camera to fit in the hand bag eth,
like the look of this one,
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ30

best price deal ive found so far is :-

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/84279/show.html?cm_vc=PPZ1#descriptionTab

£234.95 with £35 cash back so £199.95
any comments, help appreciated
WAS DEBT FREE & STILL BAAARRRRRKING :cool:
hello my name is shaun,,,and im not so addicted to farmville,still addicted to football:o:o

BAAAARRRRRRRRRRKING er insanely so :o

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 October 2012 at 11:11PM
    Options
    The TZ25 is very similar, but without the GPS and a slightly shorter zoom range. It was a Computer Shopper best buy. That will cost £179, but with £30 cashback currently on offer, JL or Jessops.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Fruity1
    Fruity1 Posts: 926 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What about the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ27 again similar £229.99 in Currys with £35 voucher or £30 cash. I'm also looking to buy either that or the TZ30. I found it for £171 with Panamoz but their reviews weren't particularly good. I'm not worried about GPS but like a bigger zoom. The TZ30 was slightly cheaper @Comet if you order online but their site is currently down.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The TZ25 is now down to £179.95 at JL and Jessops, both with the £30 Panasonic cashback, (which I received within 5 days-most impressive). So the real price is only £149.95.
    I'm pleased to say that JL price matched and gave me a £20 refund with no aggro at all.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Fruity1 wrote: »
    The TZ30 was slightly cheaper @Comet if you order online but their site is currently down.
    Reports are that Comet are on the brink of administration. I wouldn't be ordering anything from there today!
  • Fruity1
    Fruity1 Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    Reports are that Comet are on the brink of administration. I wouldn't be ordering anything from there today!

Thanks Jimmy just found that too as went to order my NHS discount vouchers to make it even cheaper and they have withdrawn Comet. Looks like Currys then as Argos are not advertising the vouchers/cash back.
  • Norman-B
    Norman-B Posts: 1,638 Forumite
    Options
    I have the (much) older TZ7 and love it! Takes super photos and great video. Only complaint is the low light photos, which are very poor.

My daughter has just bought a Sony HX10 and is very pleased, esp' the super low light photos.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure