IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charge Notice - Parking eye

Options
2»

Comments

• Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Devils205 wrote: »
    I've just received a Parking Charge Notice today. I visited my local Homebase to check out price reductions for that weekend. We subsequently went back next day when the reductions were in place, I have a reciept. On my first visit, whilst on my lunchbreak, my car failed to start when I returned to it to leave. I walked back to work and returned later,(21 minutes after the 3 free hours) to jump start the car and drive home. Not sure which route to follow now?
    1/ ignore. 2/ write and appeal or 3/ tell them i refuse to pay stating it was a legitimate overstay, in a FREE car park! Any thoughts anyone please?

I am sure more knowledgeable posters will be along soon, but my advice would be to go back to Homebase and pop the notice into one of the conveniently receptacles usually located at their entrance doors, that have litter printed on them.

Walk away job done:T

Oh please do same with all other correspondence you will no doubt receive for a while ;)
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    1/ ignore

;)
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure