Options
2»

Comments

• Aretnap
    Aretnap Posts: 5,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bramval wrote: »
    I have had quotes from webuyanycar.com and wewillbuyyourcar.com in the past but have used these mainly to get an idea of the likely trade-in price before going to the garage.

You may be able to offload your vehicle through one of these sites if you are concerned to get a quick sale. As far as I know they both exist and are not scammers although I have have heard stories about them giving you a price and then trying to knock this down when they see the vehicle.
    I flogged my (t)rusty focus through webuyanycar.com a couple of years ago. They do indeed exist, but they did knock a hundred quid off the already low valuation when they saw it - to be fair though there were a couple of big scratches on the bumper which I hadn't included on the online form. If you just want to get rid of the car with minimal hassle and aren't too bothered about the money then it's convenient, but don't kick yourself later when you see similar cars in the local press or at dealerships going for much more than you got for yours.
  • yungvin
    Options
    I have also been the vicitim of these conmen, with same scenario as Mark. I have reported details to Action Fraud. By the way, the website was there last night but seems to have disappeared today!
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    It was gone at 11:09PM last night - see my earlier post.
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • Andyr1
    Andyr1 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    We were resently in this situation. We decided to sent ours to auction. Got a fair price and no hassles. Would recommend it. Just put a reserve on it!
  • PDC
    PDC Posts: 805 Forumite
    Options
    I doubt it will be of much help but heres the cached contact info from their website which is still in Google
    Contact Us

Our offices hours are Monday to Friday 10 am - 5 pm.

0870 182 3518 (10 lines)

Email
    General Enquiries - [EMAIL="admin@webuyukmotors.com"]admin@webuyukmotors.com[/EMAIL]
    Valuations - [EMAIL="valuations@webuyukmotors.com"]valuations@webuyukmotors.com[/EMAIL]
    Accounts - [EMAIL="accounts@webuyukmotors.com"]accounts@webuyukmotors.com[/EMAIL]

FREEPOST 46223 , London. EC1V 4PW

Copyright 2012 - webuyukmotors.com

webuyukmotors.com is the website which trades under the business name of The Cash My Auto Company
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 8,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 31 October 2012 at 4:32PM
    Options
    Domain name registration uses a completely different address in the Isle of Man:

http://who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?domain=webuyukmotors.com&prog_id=GoDaddy

(Note: The page above lists an individual's contact details - they are not necessarily involved in the scam - e.g they could be a web designer who did the domain registration on behalf of the scammer.)

EDIT: Coincedentally though, if you google Stuart Mooney Scam you find a string of fraudulent eBay activity traced to someone with the same name.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm yet to find a legit use for using UKASH. I think UKASH only exists for scammers.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I paid for membership to my club website with UKASH recently. That was not a scam.

Unless the site vanishes tomorrow. :)
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Paperbird
    Options
    We had the same type of scammers phone when out daughters car was for sale a few years ago. They said they had 6 buyers looking for the exact car we had for sale and would pass on our details for £100.
    I told them that as ours was the only one like it in the country I'd take the chance of one of their 6 buyers looking in the autotrader.
  • yungvin
    Options
    PDC wrote: »
    I doubt it will be of much help but heres the cached contact info from their website which is still in Google

Thanks for the extra info. I've passed this on to Action Fraud
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport