MBNA ppi advise needed plz

Hi everyone.. i dont know what to do next..I wrote to MBNA and asked about ppi and was told to fill in one of there forms from there web site which i did i got a letter saying that i would get a reply in a month which i got this morning.. The letter said that they cannot identify my account with the details provided even tho i spoke to them 3 times this morning passing 3 lots of security checks..to the fact they even gave me more information about my start date of card ..last payment ..credit limit ..so why are they saying the cant idintify me..what do i do now..Thanks everyone..John

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,040
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Give them a copy of your last statement.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • dunstonh wrote: »
    Give them a copy of your last statement.
    Thanks for your reply ... I havnt got one ..got the last date i paid my card of..not used it since 2009...John PS CAN I ASK FOR ONE
  • i have just phoned mbna and asked for a statement but as the account hasnt been used for 12 months they cant send me one...John
  • oscar52
    oscar52 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    If they know the account has not ben used for over 12 months, they must be able to identify you or the aco!!!! then.
    No Longer works for MBNA as of August 2010 - redundancy money will be nice though.

Proud to be a Friend of Niddy.
    no idea what my nerdnumber is - i am now officially nerd 229, no idea on my debt free date
  • oscar52 wrote: »
    If they know the account has not ben used for over 12 months, they must be able to identify you or the aco!!!! then.
    i have just been on my old online accound and dloaded my end payment with details of how much my last payment was and date ..but they havent told me what info i didnt submit.. it looks like there stalling ..i didnt think i had the card for as long as i thought ..i thought i had the card for 2 years it was 6 years so maybe abit of ppi is involved ...John
  • busajohn
    busajohn Posts: 75
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    anyone got any thoughts
  • Hi everyone thought i would update youall..Phoned MBNA this morning and they said that i forgot to put my address on the form but now i have phoned and verified this the claim will go ahead..John
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure