Business Bank Charges

Options
Hi everyone, I had a business and sold up in 2006, the business operated from 1989 and I banked with the co op bank. The charges were always very high, My question is would I still be able to claim for charges now that account and business no longer exists?
Not sure I'm doing this right but it was a shot in the dark as I sus pect I may have left it too late and the co op say they have no information about this bank account.

Any help and advice would be gratefully recieved Jane

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,485 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My question is would I still be able to claim for charges now that account and business no longer exists?

On what basis would you be complaining about them?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Janeyteg
    Options
    Hi dunstonh
    the bank charges were always very high but not being the 'best' business person in the world would ask for an explatation from the bank and was always told that they were the charges ....... and we are a very good bank to you
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,485 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    the bank charges were always very high but not being the 'best' business person in the world would ask for an explatation from the bank and was always told that they were the charges ....... and we are a very good bank to you

That isnt grounds for complaint though. Since the banks won the court case, complaints about the amount of the charges, whether they are justifiable or unfair are not considered any more.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure