Kensington Mortgages PPI Claimback

Options
Help please

I am almost certain this company will have being charging me PPI on a mortgage I had with them between July 2003 and August 2006.

I have called them but guess what they can't find any evidence that the account exists!

All I can provide them is the last 4 digits of the original 9 digit account number of my credit report (which proves it did exist and I'm not going mental!)

So I am in limbo until I can provide that account number, it was 6 years ago and I have no paperwork.
But something is grating that I may have a case with these people but can't get anywhere. Can't let them off the hook, it could be £1000's and it would come in very helpful!

Thanks

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I dont believe Kensington sold direct to public. They used brokers. If so, Kensington wouldnt know if you had PPI or not.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • dmzhull
    Options
    I think your right - and having dug a little deeper the name TML keep cropping up, and I think it may have been through them.

In which case by all accounts I am screwed!

Thanks all the same.
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    dmzhull wrote: »
    I am almost certain this company will have being charging me PPI on a mortgage I had with them between July 2003 and August 2006.

I am almost certain they did not - for the reasons DunstonH has given.

If you had PPI then the insurer, not the lender would have charged you for it and it would have been a separate direct debit.
  • dmzhull
    Options
    I am almost certain they did not - for the reasons DunstonH has given.

If you had PPI then the insurer, not the lender would have charged you for it and it would have been a separate direct debit.

Thanks Magpie, but if the payments were always on a seperate direct debit, why are people even being told to look into it?
    Surley the whole point of misold PPI is it is hidden in the agreement not a seperate payment that you couldnt possibly miss!!

Anyway, I weeing in the wind on this one, it was worth an enquiry,
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Magpie, but if the payments were always on a seperate direct debit, why are people even being told to look into it?

Mortgage PPI is typically the only one that is separate direct debit. It is one of the reasons there are few fewer complaints about MPPI and why the uphold rate is much lower. Some claims companies wont even submit mortgage insurance complaints as the chance of success is too low.
    Surley the whole point of misold PPI is it is hidden in the agreement not a seperate payment that you couldnt possibly miss!!

Rarely is it hidden away. Most complaints that succeed do so because of inability to claim, employer benefits overlapping, auto-payout (getting lucky) or set up as a single premium or quality of cover not good enough. MPPI avoids many of those issues.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • roonaldo
    roonaldo Posts: 3,420 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If TML or The Mortgage Lender sold you a policy it almost certainly would have been a single premium ASU policy incorporated into the remortgage. I am very familiar with TML unfortunately and it was sold badly, just put on without asking you and told your mortgage payment of x included asu. That was it.

TML no longer trade...boo.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport