PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

6 month shorthold tenancy agreement

Options
Hi, didn't know where to post this so hope this is ok.
I have just bought a buy to let property and need a 6month shorthold tenancy agreement
I wondered if anyone could let me have a copy,
Thanks

Comments

• garysletters
    Options
    AST's can vary greatly from property to property. you can get standard ones from WHSmiths (i think) very cheaply. They also include guidelines on legalities etc.

goto https://www.rla.org.uk website. They have copies you can download from their site. (not sure if you have to be a member). But they also have loads of information if your a first timer.
    Anything I write is based on my opinion only. Before acting upon any advice from anyone on a forum further professional advice should be sought.
  • garysletters
    Options
    I just checked, you do have to be a member.
    Anything I write is based on my opinion only. Before acting upon any advice from anyone on a forum further professional advice should be sought.
  • dougk_2
    dougk_2 Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    Options
    Suggest you but the book "renting your properties for dummies".

It has asample AST in there and lots of other useful information (some makes you think!)

You can buy it online from Amazon
  • beany
    beany Posts: 349 Forumite
    Options
    I just checked, you do have to be a member.

Thanks, just looked they charge £75 a year for membership.
    Think I'll have a look at "renting your properties for dummies".

Thank you for your suggestions
  • fast_track
    Options
    Ring your town hall - they should have advice for landlords - the DTI (I think ) also do a booklet
  • securityman
    securityman Posts: 490 Forumite
    Options
    As Gary said, "WHSimith", I got 1 for 5 pounds then copyed it.
  • JanCee
    JanCee Posts: 1,241 Forumite
    Options
    Further to the above posts, you can buy these from any stationers. I even saw them in Tesco the other day. You have to choose between furnished or unfurnished and provide a copy to each tenant as well as keeping a copy for yourself. Hope that helps.
  • slater14
    slater14 Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    Beany,

NOTE - you want an 'ASSURED' SHORTHOLD TENANCY agreement.

Be very careful which tenancy agreement you get as anything other than an AST could mean you have less grounds for eviction.
  • thaylock
    thaylock Posts: 234 Forumite
    Options
    beany,

If you post your email address I will send you a copy of a tenancy agreement I use.
  • roger56
    roger56 Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    Do make sure any contract you use complies with the regulations.
    Go here for a useful leaflet on Unfair Tenancy Terms:
    http://www.oft.gov.uk/Consumer/Unfair+terms+in+contracts/guidance.htm

It may save problems later. If your contract contains unfair terms then you cannot rely on them in any dispute.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure