We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Please help me find this app
Penny_Farthing_2
Posts: 502 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Hi
I've just got a Galaxy S3 on Three. I also have an Asus Transformer tablet. I'm a desperately disorganised person and I don't know very much about tech stuff though I'm trying to learn.
Please do you know of a simple and plain looking app that will sync between these 2 devices and will let me put all the kids activities/ appointments and a to do list in a combined calendar/planner thing? If it has a widget that will put a day's stuff on my screen to remind me, that would be great. I can tether the 2 devices together.
I've spent a lot of time in Google play looking but there's just so much choice.
Many thanks
I've just got a Galaxy S3 on Three. I also have an Asus Transformer tablet. I'm a desperately disorganised person and I don't know very much about tech stuff though I'm trying to learn.
Please do you know of a simple and plain looking app that will sync between these 2 devices and will let me put all the kids activities/ appointments and a to do list in a combined calendar/planner thing? If it has a widget that will put a day's stuff on my screen to remind me, that would be great. I can tether the 2 devices together.
I've spent a lot of time in Google play looking but there's just so much choice.
Many thanks
0
Comments
-
I use Smooth Calendar as my homescreen widget, shows a few lines of summary of what is coming up (its very configurable but can be a bit fiddly, took me a while to find out how to make it show day as well as date for example) but has been the best way of remembering events and still leaving room on my main screen for some vital app icons.
On another home screen I have CalenGoo With one of its biggest widget as a full screen month view calendar, its not free but its the clearest I have found to show say the current month at a glance and what is booked, most just show a coloured marker that something is scheduled - this shows at least some text for each day to jog my memory, can click each day for more info or to set an new event.
Both these apps use the Google Calendar from the Gmail account linked to the phone. i don't know as I have not tried it but I wonder if both your phone and tablet were linked to the same gmail account and sync'd if the schedule would pass back and forth to both. Perhaps someone who has done this could advise.0 -
Your Galaxy S3 already comes with Google Calendar (it's just called 'Calendar' in your App Drawer). Any activities you add to this calendar will sync with your Google Gmail account if you have one. Likewise on your Asus Tablet you will have Google Calendars on there as an app. Anything you add on either device will synchronise with the other.
You can also view your calendar and add to/edit it from any computer by logging into Gmail through the web browser.0 -
Hi,
I tried a few, I like acalendar for my diary, syncs through google calendar and for a to do list wunderlist but download a few to try and see which you prefer. I also have a birthdays reminder.[0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards