MSE News: Npower latest to raise gas and electricity prices

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
14 replies 2.6K views
2»

Replies

• Had my Npower price increase letter today. Electric up 15.7% & Gas 16.1% on the Sign Online 24 tariffs. Ouch! Think I'll be moving when the price levels are all known.
  • macmanmacman Forumite
    48.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...have checked my emails and u switch have confirmed that I have switched! However, can Npower block it at their end? I thought the price changes weren't going to come into effect till Monday anyway?

The increase will apply from 26/11-a minimum of one month's notice has to be given.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • chanz4chanz4 Forumite
    10.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...have checked my emails and u switch have confirmed that I have switched! However, can Npower block it at their end? I thought the price changes weren't going to come into effect till Monday anyway?

uswitch can pass your details to the supplier, they cant switch you as they dont have access to industry systems. their is also a 14 day cooling off period also.

if you owe a company money they can block you
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • As I'm already with npower hopefully it should just be a straight swap to the go fix 14 tariff. I just think it's bad that they wont honour me the tariff in the first place even though they only did the comparison last weekend...and they've been pretty slack in all forms of communication since I've moved in... hmmmmm!
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals