We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Recommendations for headphones around £30

Hi as title suggests, I am looking for recommendations for some headphones for around the £30 mark.

I have rather eclectic music tastes, not so much hip hop and bass stuff though ! Usually listen to music on I pad or galaxy s2 through power amp .

I had a pair of sienheisser (sp) in ear which I though were pretty good, but one bud has stopped working, I ordered a replacement pair but they don't seem as good as my last ones.

Any suggestions I don't mind in ear or over ear just looking for opinions. I realize the money is not going to get me top of the range but I need to budget so want to get best I can for the money.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I guess it's kind of techie isn't it?

Cheers guys
'we don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing'


Comments

  • I just bought these recently and I'm very happy with them http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004UDTM1Q

    They scored very well in review http://www.whathifi.com/review/panasonic-rp-htx7 and even won a prize... http://www.whathifi.com/awards/2011/headphones/panasonic-rp-htx7 'Best portable on-ear headphones up to £50'
  • Lifeforms
    Lifeforms Posts: 1,486 Forumite
    What kind are you looking for?
    In ear like round buds (Apple earplug style), in ear moulded (usually comes with 2 extra sets of small rubber round moulds)
    Cover/Over the ear; full coverage, or semi coverage (big vs small)
    Portability? (fold-able if cover the ear)
    Sound reducing, don't care if others can share your music when out?

    Go online instead, and you can find quite a lot of headphones/in earphones in that price range. (unlike sometimes double the price in store; argos, currys, comet etc)

    I'm currently using skullcandy ones which i find pretty good. Lowriders for the over the ear/cover the ear, and also for fold-ability/portability (£14.99 @ play). and Ink'd for in ear (around same price, dunno where from). Both are pretty good. Depending on your colour with the lowriders makes the prices vary!
  • Hi, definitely sound reducing as use them in the office when I want to shut the rest do the world out and concentrate, I have tried the hard in ear ones like apple, and they seem really uncomfortable, my previous ones were moulded, but I am open to over ear too.
    I was looking at the skull candy low rider and HESH on amazon, then at the sennhiesser hd 203 which have pretty good reviews but an unbelievably long cable ! Looking at the Panasonic ones suggested by Ringo at the moment. But confusing myself !

    Will of course buy off line, that's partly why I am asking for opinions as I don't have time to go into a store and try them out but need to order pretty soon as I need my music.
    'we don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing'


  • Well, the Panasonic's aren't really for bassy music.. .but i've got Radiohead 'The bends' on at the moment and they're just perfect for this

    The cord is quite thick and pretty tangle-proof. The headphones are styled pretty uniquely and frankly I like that in a world of stupid 'Beats' headphones. They are very comfy also and easy to adjust.

    Very good headphones, i'm happy with them. My only concern would be wearing them in an office where there's the likelihood of 'audio leakage'. However this applies to nearly any headphones except very expensive inner-ear buds
  • timberflake
    timberflake Posts: 1,623 Forumite
    SoundMAGIC E10's are about £30 and are fantastic value for money.
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I've been using Sennheiser since the 1970s, and they would always get my recommendation.

    You say the replacement Sennheisers weren't as good as the previous - did you get exactly the same model?
  • Googler, yes they were the same model, but thinking about it, I am using them on a different gadget, so I guess that could make a difference. Thanks for suggestions guys, will have a mooch through the reviews for what has been recommended at least I have a narrowed down choice now.
    'we don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing'


  • Dreamnine
    Dreamnine Posts: 8,370 Forumite
    SoundMAGIC E10's are about £30 and are fantastic value for money.

    Yes, they are probably the best you can get at that price.
    I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.