Morgan Stanley now has annual fee

Options
Hi everyone,

I have had a morgan stanley platinum card for over 2 years and and had a note with my statement that from the first on June that they will introduce a £20 annual fee. This is not good!!!!

What is the next best card with VISA or matercard as I already have a AMEX?? Martin you should notify people in your nect e-mail!!

Many thanks
Olly

Comments

• aj3001
    aj3001 Posts: 730 Forumite
    Options
    Their website states no annual fee and I have am with them and have not recieved this notice

I know they dont like people with their old credit cards, a few people on the board have basically been pushed out
  • ey_up
    ey_up Posts: 310 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got the notice too with my last statement. Have only spent £4500k on the card in the last 12 months so guess they not getting enough cash in fees off me. Time to switch cards I think.
  • reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    !!!!!!, applied for one of these a couple of days ago, didnt mention a fee - if they do i will cancel
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    Indeed, nothing on their website, nor have I received any information.

They must give 30 days notice of any change.
  • jwruk
    jwruk Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    I got the same letter, not suprised in my case as I only carry their Mastercard in case I end up being unable to use Visa as payment so I rarely use their Mastercard. They are offering 0% on purchase for a month or so at the same time the fee comes in.

Just need to find a new Mastercard deal that has no fee and a provider that doesn't mind the fact that the card only gets used once every 6 months and never has an outstanding balance.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    ey_up wrote: »
    Have only spent £4500k on the card in the last 12 months so guess they not getting enough cash in fees off me.
    Wow!

Four and a half million pounds - now I wouldn't have said 'only spent' if I'd spent that much!
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Hazzanet
    Hazzanet Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Fee applies to their "Classic" card NOT the PLATINUM. Panic not.

This was confirmed to me by their call centre yesterday.
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    Hazzanet wrote: »
    Fee applies to their "Classic" card NOT the PLATINUM. Panic not.

This was confirmed to me by their call centre yesterday.

Breathes a sigh of relief.. ;)
  • judderman62
    judderman62 Posts: 5,134 Forumite
    Options
    I'm with MS (Platinum too) and recently got my statement - no mention of a fee :confused::confused:
    orjd2005 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I have had a morgan stanley platinum card for over 2 years and and had a note with my statement that from the first on June that they will introduce a £20 annual fee. This is not good!!!!

What is the next best card with VISA or matercard as I already have a AMEX?? Martin you should notify people in your nect e-mail!!

Many thanks
    Olly
    Hate and I do mean Hate my apple Mac Computer - wish I'd never bought the thing
    Do little and often
    Please stop using the word "of" when you actually mean "have" - it's damned annoying :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure