Bore da! Croeso i Stoptober!

in Wales
6 replies 1.7K views
I am a Newbie. I am Welsh. Challenge for Stoptober.
1. Write down all spending done at McDonalds, KFC, Burger King, Pizza Hut and Domino's for one week.
2.Following 3 weeks of the month reduce this outgoing by half. e.g. 1st week spend £20 next week aim for £10 next week £5 last week £2.50.

Confession time don't think I am able to do this in reality but just wondered what others think of the idea. Feedback good or bad welcome and yes I'm eating a McDonalds writing this lol.

Tesco Credit Card £250 £25 DD 0% for next 10 months.

Barclaycard Initial £241.45 0% for next 7 mths.
Your parents choose your beginning....
.... you get to choose the ending.

Replies

• had one bacon breakfast meal last month with a coffee from mr mcs nothing the month before am i out of control . (not used the others in over a year )
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • moleratmolerat Forumite
    26.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    £0 + £0 + £0 + £0 + £0 = £0
    Wk 1 £0 / 2 = £0
    Wk 2 £0 / 2 = £0
    Wk 3 £0 / 2 = £0

Total saved =£0

Trying to figure out how this will save me money :o
  • greenface wrote: »
    had one bacon breakfast meal last month with a coffee from mr mcs nothing the month before am i out of control . (not used the others in over a year )
    Bacon bun meal quite low in cals and reasonable price, I don't like the fat on it though. Just brought this subject up as I'm not in control.

• molerat wrote: »
    £0 + £0 + £0 + £0 + £0 = £0
    Wk 1 £0 / 2 = £0
    Wk 2 £0 / 2 = £0
    Wk 3 £0 / 2 = £0

Total saved =£0

Trying to figure out how this will save me money :o

Obviously you're not a fast food addict like moi

• wrigglywriggly Forumite
    362 Posts
    Confession time don't think I am able to do this in reality but just wondered what others think of the idea. Feedback good or bad welcome and yes I'm eating a McDonalds writing this lol.

A more realistic strategy is probably to work out what you spend each week on fast food, then give yourself a budget of, say 2/3 that. e.g. if you spend £30/week, give yourself £20/ week for fast food.

Put the money in a separate place, so you know how much is left for the week. As a bonus, if you get below £20 in one week, you can keep the excess for the following week.

I think this is more likely to make you think, do I really need to buy this now?
  • have you actually sat down and worked out how much you actually spend on takeaway food?

We've only realised how much we spent since Junior went to Uni and its scary! Did think about putting the money away we're not spending into a savings account and then seeing how soon we can pay for that holiday abroad!
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Gin, gee-gees & groceries

This week's MSE Forum highlights

Team Blog

2for1 adult tickets to theme parks

Via selected £1-£3 Kellogg's promo packs