2012??

Options
Hi,

From my "put your head in the sand" student days I made a mess of a couple of accounts - A Tricity Finance Loan and an Orange Contract.

I moved during both contacts but failed to notify them, meaning bills came through, but I didn't have them, so ddn't pay! Silly and stupid I know! :embarasse

Then I closed an old account ... but hadn't moved the Tricity Loan over, so they kept applying for payments which were obviously unsuccessful! Long story short ... I have settled both in full, as I began to actually be responsible!! :T

Thing is I settled them on 30/6/06 for Tricity, 17/4/05 for Orange ... does that mean they'll be there saying millions of status 1-2's, lots of status 3+'s for the next 6 years? So my rating will be awful until 2012???

In all my other accounts everything is staus 1-2's 0 and status 3's 0, except for one missed payment on a credit card when we were on holiday and couldn't access internet to pay!

I am a homeowner, with a mortgage, and have just finished paying a car loan off over 24 months.

Is there anyway I can make this look prettier? Or is it just Ugly Duckling time until 2012?

Cheers for help!
£10 a day in November = £593.31 / £300

Comments

• aj3001
    aj3001 Posts: 730 Forumite
    Options
    Will look bad for 6 years, but the fact that you pay your mortgage and car loan on time will help you
  • Willspireite
    Willspireite Posts: 218 Forumite
    Options
    Have seen on some sites that there's the possibility of contactin the companies and request the default notice ... is that specific to defaulted accounts, or to settled accounts with missed payments?

Oh ... and is it worthwhile looking to put on a notice of correction explainin my previous mistakes?

Cheers
  • aj3001
    Options
    It will be pointless IMO, the best thing to do is just dont screw up again
  • Willspireite
    Willspireite Posts: 218 Forumite
    Options
    Surely it wouldn't be pointless if it meant that the default account was removed from the credit report??

And if someone manually looks at the report, if I do a notice thingy, won't that make it more likely for them to ok an application?

Just wonderin cos I've no idea how these things work!
  • aj3001
    Options
    For a start its normally a computer that reads the credit record, and secondly I believe those notices are normally ignored and not even read
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure