ESA Appeal

Options
Just a question,

I went from 0 to 24 points and put in the support group on appeal, with a recommendation of no re assessment for at least two years, that was three weeks ago, nothing yet from the DWP. How long does it take to sort this out?

Comments

• Own_My_Own
    Options
    Sorry I can't help. We didn't have to go to appeal, but

:jCONGRATULATIONS:j
  • PippaGirl_2
    Options
    You've asked the same question on your other thread so I answered there
    "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." Dalai Lama
  • henryv
    Options
    PippaGirl wrote: »
    You've asked the same question on your other thread so I answered there

I know, I lost my first, my fault :(
  • Muttleythefrog
    Options
    Well done... make sure you know/recognise the Support group descriptor found to apply andhopefully at reassessment you can argue it still applies (if appropriate).

Probably a few weeks.. some people here have reported delays of months... so if you're continuing to supply sicknotes to get assessment rate then keep doing so. Unfortunately there's probably not a lot you can do... the DWP will have been sent the decision pretty swiftly by tribunal service but the DWP will take time to process it... or rather get around to processing it. If it drags on then contacting MP perhaps.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • henryv
    Options
    Thank you, I was lucky my last sick note fell on my appeal date, I went with a current note and copies of all the others, Welfare Rights noted and said about the descriptor found to apply, I don’t think that will change, my Consultant used the word permanent in his letter.
  • rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    Options
    henryv wrote: »
    descriptor found to apply, I don’t think that will change, my Consultant used the word permanent in his letter.

Your condition may not change.
    However, either your how you cope with the condition, or the descriptors themselves can change.

For example, currently there is no support group descriptor for 'consciousness', but there is one for 'being unable to raise your arms above your head'.

A blind person that learns braille may now no longer qualify.

Until relatively recently, being unable to walk, but to use a wheelchair was enough to get you ESA.

Similarly, those who developed after working, or were born with lifelong conditions who are unfortunate enough to be put into the work-related group used to be able to claim this forever, which changed.

As have the rules on claiming benefit while abroad.

Your condition, your employability, what your doctor says about you may not change.
    Your entitlement to benefit may.
    (clearly I don't know what your condition is, some conditions are very unlikely to drop out of the support group, or whatever replaces it)
  • henryv
    henryv Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 30 September 2012 at 1:23AM
    Options
    I’ve a Pacemaker and heart problems, I understand what you’re saying though, and it seems this government are ones for ever changing the rules.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure