Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

Second Purse Challenge Thread #2 - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

Second Purse Challenge Thread #2

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gone Off!
486 replies 79K views

Replies

• I do really like DR mince but simply can't stretch to it at the moment :( - Co$tco is much cheaper (& on offer at the mo) and still pretty good :)

Anyway checked in to tell you guys about this from another thread:

Hope it helps someone!
  • kerri_dfwkerri_dfw Forumite
    4.6K posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Thanks Coxy for creating this thread. I have indeed been busy, busy, busy with real-life and work. I'm currently onsite at a customer for a 14hr shift that started at 6am so I've been up since 5am!!!

I need to start putting money aside for 2nd purse again, moving in with my OH has totally thrown me off with it. Also, does anyone want any couscous? I can't seem to give the stuff away we have too much of it! I don't think AF is quite for us afterall, but it was fun trying.

2nd purse update: this week we have been stocking up on crunchy nut, we now have 4 boxes of 750g on top of the cupboards and OH is asking why I keep picking it up to which I respond "because it's half price!!! and you keep eating my cereal!" haha

Hope you're all well, come payday I will put aside some pennies again to retry my 2nd purse.

Kerri x
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • Coxy11Coxy11 Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

Nice to hear from you Kerri - your work sounds :eek:

I too have fallen out of love with AF. Thanks for the offer of cous cous but we have loads and it's only me that eats it :o I also have a glut of flapjacks which I can't seem to make a dent in :(
    Cross-stitch WIP: Pretty Little San Francisco - Satsuma Street
    Crochet WIP: Dune blanket from Attic24
  • ej22ej22 Forumite
    47 posts
    Hi everyone,
    can I just ask how and when do you pay your second purse?
    I have made a list from week 1 and basically have to pay my second purse 8 pounds. Do I pay this out of my weekly food budget?
    Thanks
    OD 0/1500
    CC 0/1300

November 2015 challenge 56.83/200pounds
    emergency savings 0/1000
    Losing weight 0/40kg
  • marrbettmarrbett Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Just popping in to say that DR is now at 10% cashback for the next 5 days on quidco!

I fell by the wayside with my second purse, but will start again.
    xx
  • Coxy11Coxy11 Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    ej22 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    can I just ask how and when do you pay your second purse?
    I have made a list from week 1 and basically have to pay my second purse 8 pounds. Do I pay this out of my weekly food budget?
    Thanks

Hi ej22,

I pay my purse weekly and take the money from my monthly grocery budget. I know Mothership does hers monthly tho. I guess it's whatever suits you.

Thanks marrbett for the quidco tipoff on DR. Typical that my 2nd order in two weeks is coming on Friday - dare I place another one for next week - decisions, decisions......
  • Thanks for the shiny new thread, Coxy! :)

I still haven't sorted out Helen's Hideaway since before the wedding in June :o

I have a week off soon so hope to get back to it after that, though DH is off too and so may prove a distraction from all the chores that need doing :cool: (nearly put a winky face but then realised that might imply I meant something funny by that statement :rotfl:. I didn't - just that he can be like a small child when it comes to his need to be kept occupied!!)

Anyway, hope you're all keeping up the good work x
    :j
    Debt Free By Xmas 2013 #010 £16,660.26/£16,660.26 100% paid, DFD 25/06/13! :D
    :j
  • edited 10 October 2012 at 9:29PM
    mossymossy Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 10 October 2012 at 9:29PM
    Thanks for the new thread Coxy. :)

I have been a bit poorly so haven't been able to keep up with my GC this month. I have however just managed to update my spreadsheet for Mossys Market and get my second purse sorted. Bought some dishwasher tabs while they were on offer but have plenty of money to snap up some other bargains once I get back in to my regular shopping pattern. We lived off ready meals and quick nips in to the shops while I had tonsillitis etc....very expensive!! :eek: Although the doc prescribed antibiotics and ice cream so that was kind of nice!! :D

Put my first order in with DR today and was pleased to catch the quidco 10%. :j Have ordered steak mince and some meatballs, first order so there was no delivery charge. I hope they live up to the hype!! Have friends round for tea this weekend and next so was going to make some big cottage pies with my fancy tasty mince lol!! ;)

Right, promised DH I'd help her tidy her bedroom as she has a friend coming over tomorrow.

Keep up the good work peeps! :)
    Saving for Disney again, oops why book one Disney holiday when you can book two!
    :starmod: Emergency Fund Savings - #148 - £10/£1000 1% :starmod:
    :xmastree:#083 SPC6 £63 - SPC7 £90 - SPC8 £63 - SPC9 £54 - SPC10 £26 - SPC12 £70 :xmastree:
  • Coxy11Coxy11 Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Just settled up with my 2nd purse. Over the last 8 days we have used £75 of stock :eek: It just so happened that this week we needed to open a new 3kg of dog food, new pack of 84 dishwash tablets and a new 5L of washing liquid. All this in addition to the packed lunch bits and bobs I use on a daily basis.

Have transferred another £21 odd to 3rd purse, 2nd purse now at maximum limit of £50. My second DR order arrived today 8 x mince and 4 x beef shin for casseroles nomnomnom.

Hope you're all doing well and have a great weekend :)

Off to update my totals.
    Coxy
  • Coxy11Coxy11 Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cooo-eeee only me!

Went to Co$tco today and got some SP bits - pep$i max, luco$ade, eat natura! bars, gum, fruit f!akes - wiped out 2nd purse again, but will settle up again at the end of the week.

Hope you are all doing well with your stockpiling!
    Coxy
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support