We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

are candy appliances any good?

Options
Hi,
Looking for a cheap appliance pack (gas hob, electric oven). Saw a candy one. cant find any reviews though. Anyone know if they are half decent?
Thanks

Comments

• MX5huggy
    MX5huggy Posts: 6,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Remember candy is for kids and you find bushes in the garden.
  • Apreciar
    Options
    Candy is one of the brands of Hoover, in the past they were very reliable and. Good value for money.
    Change is here to stay
  • flightinfo
    Options
    I had a Candy washer/dryer and it was the worst machine I have ever had. I would say avoid. If it is at all possible, it is worth paying a bit more if you can afford it as I do think with applicances it is worth getting better quality - should last longer/less money spent on repairs.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Apreciar wrote: »
    Candy is one of the brands of Hoover, in the past they were very reliable and. Good value for money.

Not quite; Hoover is a brand acquired by Candy in the 1990's. They subsequently closed all the original Hoover plants in the UK and moved manufacturing to their Italian plants.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    Options
    flightinfo wrote: »
    I had a Candy washer/dryer and it was the worst machine I have ever had. I would say avoid. If it is at all possible, it is worth paying a bit more if you can afford it as I do think with applicances it is worth getting better quality - should last longer/less money spent on repairs.

I had the opposite experience, my Candy washer dryer lasted 15 years.

I have since had Zanussi ( 2 years) Hotpoint (18 months) and am now on the little known Fagor which has a 5 year parts and labour guarantee, so I can't lose.
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Options
    Apreciar wrote: »

That was tongue-in-cheek humour I hope! Candy are dire rubbish, a shade above the lowest of low that would be White Knight.

Money down the drain.
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport