Egg loan ppi

Options
Hi all

Just received a letter back from egg regarding my DSAR request and they have stated that under section 77 (3) (a) that section 77(1) does not apply. They also state that as the account is now closed egg are under no obligation to comply with a request for a copy of the executed agreement under the consumer credit act as they no longer have a contractual relationship relating to the account, nor are they seeking to enforce any agreement on the account.

They also stated that the right to be provided with this information from egg banking plc ended with the closure of the account.

Is this correct? It seems to me that they know why I am asking for the paper work and are trying to put me off!

What's your thoughts?

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    deliberately misinterpreting your sar request [ you did send a £10 cheque didn't you?] for a credit agreement request. They did it to me too.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Batfink6969
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    deliberately misinterpreting your sar request [ you did send a £10 cheque didn't you?] for a credit agreement request. They did it to me too.

Yes I added the cheque need to see if they have cashed it!!!
  • BertTheRaccoon
    Options
    Hi all

Just received a letter back from egg regarding my DSAR request and they have stated that under section 77 (3) (a) that section 77(1) does not apply. They also state that as the account is now closed egg are under no obligation to comply with a request for a copy of the executed agreement under the consumer credit act as they no longer have a contractual relationship relating to the account, nor are they seeking to enforce any agreement on the account.

They also stated that the right to be provided with this information from egg banking plc ended with the closure of the account.

Is this correct? It seems to me that they know why I am asking for the paper work and are trying to put me off!

What's your thoughts?

I know nothing about this area as I was just browsing though the PPI section to arm myself with info to get off my backside and claim some of my own shizzle back.

2 points of input/info from me though.

"They also stated that the right to be provided with this information from egg banking plc ended with the closure of the account."

If that's so, why are they compelled to keep records for 6 years afterwards?

Finally, weren't egg one of the ones who were famous for not keeping any proper paper records and therefore this is possibly a screen to try and fob you off when they actually didn't keep a proper record?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 28 September 2012 at 9:57PM
    Options
    Lee_Jones wrote: »
    "They also stated that the right to be provided with this information from egg banking plc ended with the closure of the account."

If that's so, why are they compelled to keep records for 6 years afterwards?
    Firstly, they aren't compelled to keep records for six years. The FSA guideline is for information to be only kept for as long as it might reasonably be needed, typically this is six years but it could be longer if required.
    Secondly, lenders are only required to provide terms and conditions for accounts which are still active. It's to this that Egg are quoted as replying to. The point of the OP's thread is that he didn't ask for T&Cs, he wanted a full Subject Access Request (SAR).
    Thirdly, Egg has no better (or worse) record of keeping information on file than the other major lenders.

If you are serious about making successful PPI complaints, I suggest you research facts rather than supposition.
    Go here;
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#step2
  • BertTheRaccoon
    Options
    That's why I'm on here dude, to research for some facts. Also why the first 6 words of my post said what they did.

I'm sure you've relied on stuff you've heard that has turned out to be urban legend.

Everything's true that you read on the internet
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Lee_Jones wrote: »
    Everything's true that you read on the internet
    Well if you go to the link I posted, you'll quickly be a whole lot more clued up about PPI than you currently are!;)
  • BertTheRaccoon
    Options
    Thanks for the link chap :beer:
  • Batfink6969
    Options
    The point of the OP's thread is that he didn't ask for T&Cs, he wanted a full Subject Access request[/QUOTE]

Yes exactly so would I be best served in responding and stating this fact or should I go down another route?

Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The point of the OP's thread is that he didn't ask for T&Cs, he wanted a full Subject Access request
    so would I be best served in responding and stating this fact
    To be honest, I don't have a guaranteed answer for you. This Bank has been reported as doing precisely this several times on the forum in recent days. Normally, I'd say it's a simple error and you should write and ask them to correct it, but there seems to be something more suspicious going on.
    Write again and see what they come back with. Make sure your letter is headed SAR and make certain to mention you know they can't send T&Cs for closed accounts.
    There is an excellent template SAR letter here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553
  • Batfink6969
    Options
    To be honest, I don't have a guaranteed answer for you. This Bank has been reported as doing precisely this several times on the forum in recent days. Normally, I'd say it's a simple error and you should write and ask them to correct it, but there seems to be something more suspicious going on.
    Write again and see what they come back with. Make sure your letter is headed SAR and make certain to mention you know they can't send T&Cs for closed accounts.

Thanks for that I will resend I have just checked and they have cashed my cheque with the original SAR!!! :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure