JSA Sanction - What to do now??

Options
1235»

Comments

• james_c
    Options
    You're wrong, most people that lie and cheat will not get anything, unless by "everything" you mean a prison sentence.

Can I make a constructive suggestion for whilst you are out of work? Your grammar and writing style is very poor, and will have a significant effect on your job search. You can access literacy courses through your local college.
    have you ever thought of a career change working links are crying
    out for people like you
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    james_c wrote: »
    hardship of say £42 per week and having to go
    to working links again and listen to an arrogant impolite
    ill informed adviser. its a hard call maybe easier to commit
    a crime and get feed/heating/ them help when i get out
    the current system is a joke Ive been out of work for
    seven months and getting jsa is a joke
    i will just have to do any work i can get just to live
    or beg
    i would have been tempted to put up with it and then inform them that due to being sanctioned you can now only do the minimum required by law and that if you get an interview they will have to pay if they want you to go to it.
    another temptation would be as you got me sanctioned what do you think the liklihood is of me helping you get your bonus when i get a job. of course this could make them get more annoying.
  • james_c
    Options
    i would have been tempted to put up with it and then inform them that due to being sanctioned you can now only do the minimum required by law and that if you get an interview they will have to pay if they want you to go to it.
    another temptation would be as you got me sanctioned what do you think the liklihood is of me helping you get your bonus when i get a job. of course this could make them get more annoying.
    they will only pay bus fare
    i'm a car owner so it costs me car park fees
    i apply for so many jobs and i would like to be able to go to
    an interview immediately if need be. so i dont even get any
    expenses my choice i know. but to be fair working links
    a total waste of time
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    they will only pay bus fare
    i'm a car owner so it costs me car park fees
    i apply for so many jobs and i would like to be able to go to
    an interview immediately if need be. so i dont even get any
    expenses my choice i know. but to be fair working links
    a total waste of time
    the basis of my thinking is these work programme providers dont stop to think that they need you on side also. they dont stop to think that a sanction will affect a persons jobsearch and therefore impact on their chances of getting a bonus.
    these work programme advisers often say they dont want to sanction people and yet still sanction a person any chance they get, even when it is only them who knows of the rule break.
  • chris1973
    chris1973 Posts: 965 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 February 2013 at 6:15PM
    Options
    Can I make a constructive suggestion for whilst you are out of work? Your grammar and writing style is very poor, and will have a significant effect on your job search.
    Can I also make a suggestion?. Learn to realise that some people may have a medical condition, or disability which means their spelling isn't as perfect as yours, the most obvious one is Dyslexia (look it up) but there are many other conditions such as learning difficulties or even blindness or partial blindness both of which may require a software based typing aid which hasn't been programmed by a Peter Perfect like you.

You don't know the person to whom you are addressing nor do you know their medical history or background, so you have no way of knowing whether their spelling abilities are affected by a medical reason or not, so its probably wise to leave comments about their spelling out of it, and wind your neck in. So in addition to your obvious A1 spelling abilities, you still clearly have two further lifeskills to master, one is common sense and the other is tact.

By pointing out and highlighting other people's shortcoming or potential disabilities it may make you feel superior to the rest of the human race, but in the real world, it makes you come across as an arrogant, insensitive pillock

I really hope that you don't turn out to be one of those people who gets their kicks from mocking those less fortunate.

Unfortunately, we don't know you either, and so we only have your comments to judge you by, and no doubt we each individually shall, before committing your forum alias to our 'ignore' list.

Have a nice day.
    "Dont expect anybody else to support you, maybe you have a trust fund, maybe you have a wealthy spouse, but you never know when each one, might run out" - Mary Schmich
  • james_c
    Options
    the basis of my thinking is these work programme providers dont stop to think that they need you on side also. they dont stop to think that a sanction will affect a persons jobsearch and therefore impact on their chances of getting a bonus.
    these work programme advisers often say they dont want to sanction people and yet still sanction a person any chance they get, even when it is only them who knows of the rule break.
    sounds about right
    i got sanctioned over christmas for missing a pointless
    appointment (four weeks) i started going again just to keep
    my jsa. called today to see why i hadn't been paid
    was told id been sanctioned till april
    called working links they said it was from december
    seems id missed a few appointments
    called the jsa people .take it up with working links the said
    called working links . we don't pay your money. i'm told
    so another one off the records
    no wonder unemployment keeps dropping
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    sounds about right
    i got sanctioned over christmas for missing a pointless
    appointment (four weeks) i started going again just to keep
    my jsa. called today to see why i hadn't been paid
    was told id been sanctioned till april
    called working links they said it was from december
    seems id missed a few appointments
    called the jsa people .take it up with working links the said
    called working links . we don't pay your money. i'm told
    so another one off the records
    no wonder unemployment keeps dropping
    when dwp sanction someone they first usually send a letter to the person telling them there is a doubt. there is space on the back to respond. if that fails you can then fill in an appeal form or ask them to reconsider the decision. you can get help from places like citizens advice bureau.
    having said all that if you missed an appointment you knew about you dont have a leg to stand on. the rules say if you miss an appointment you get sanctioned.
  • EllaLou_2
    Options
    i don't know if this will help anyone but i have been sanctioned before last year and i have just been sanctioned yet again. I have been told by my seetec advisor to go to the job center and ask them if they can get the decision makers to ring me all you have to do is give you phone number name and N.I. number and they will ring you back within a couple of days and then you get to talk to someone that's how i sorted my one. i got sanctioned the first time for 13 week's because i had missed a couple of meeting's with my work program but i had medical reasons but because some idiot didn't put the records straight on the system i got sanctioned with 13 weeks straight away. I really don't know if this will hepl but thought i'd mention this. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure