Rock of ages tickets - huge price differences HELP! Good place to buy tickets from...

I am looking to buy myself and hubby tickets to see rock of ages in London for our wedding anniversary in December.

I have just been on last minute.com and the tickets range from £20 each to nearly £100! And you cannot pick your seats either.

Whilst I want to save money, will the £20 seats be an absolute terrible view/very restricted view? As the amount of difference sounds ridiculous.

Is there any other site similar to last minute, where I can actually pick my seats myself, have tried the theatre (shaftesbury) site direct, but it keeps crashing.

I'm new to the theatre thing, though have seen plenty of concerts and comedians live, I have always been able to pick my seats.

Thank you.

Comments

• I bought these tickets for £20 from last min we were in the upper stalls cant remember what they called them it was a good view and didnt spoil the show even though we were further back. by the way its fantastic Justin lee collins and shane ward and the rest of the cast were excellent!!
  • loulou123
    loulou123 Posts: 1,183 Forumite
    Thank you - glad to hear you can get good seats in the cheaper price range!

As I can't really justify paying £200 for tickets for 2 of us, but as its our wedding anniversary don't want to be disappointed either.
  • Hi,

We also go the 20 quid tickets were also in the upper stalls, I was worried too cos it said there may be restricted view, I looked round and couldn't see any seats that had a restricted view. Great show though cheesy but such fun.
  • kt21
    kt21 Posts: 745 Forumite
    I went with a friend a couple of months ago, went on a Friday night (though it was mid way through olympics) we bought the cheapest £20 tkts and got upgraded to the dress circle, great seats :) also been in the cheaper seats at this thetare and they are fine
  • Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I used theaterticketsdirect.co.uk for We Will Rock You and they were really good prices

Rock of Ages on there starts at about £37.50
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • Theatrepeople.com do them from £26 in December and they tell you where the seats are.
    Would highly recommend it, you will have a great time. The cast is changing from tomorrow but should still be a great show.
    You can also take a chance and turn up at the theatre at 10am and get front row seats for £20. We have had seats that were about 6 rows back from the front but the front row may be a little too close!
  • I was going to ask if anyone's got any suggestions of websites that are competitive for cheaper theatre tickets, possibily Scrooge, Matilda, Wicked or Rock of Ages?
    have been on lastminute.com and because you don't know where seat is thought £20 might be a bit too risky (group of friends travelling to London for the w'end so don't want big disappointment but money is also tight!!)
    Grateful for any tips?
  • Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098
    Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    I always use SEE Tickets.
    On booking they show you the seats you are booking.

In Aug I took DD to see Wizard of Oz through them.
    It cost £74 for two stall seats plus lunch at Planet Hollywood.

We had very good seats for being in the Gods. Could see everything.
  • retepetsir
    retepetsir Posts: 1,236
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I saw Rock of Ages at the beginning of 2012. Paid £20 per ticket for the Upper Circle and on the night we were upgraded to the Stalls as it was quiet! So a ~£40 upgrade. Excellent show, we all enjoyed it and I'd see it again.

It may have become more popular now but the Upper Circle still offers good views so I wouldn't pay £100 a ticket!

Check out the Theatre Monkey site for seat reviews.

The Great Declutter Challenge - £876 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport