Is an Abbey Life Plan PPI?

Options
When my wife and I took out a mortgage with Abbey National in 1999 we were also signed up with life insurance. I'm guessing that isn't the same as but just thought I'd check as I felt obligated at the time.

Comments

• dazzler44
    Options
    cant say definitely but you would need to look at the detail of it. Our Total Mortgage Protection Plan incorporated an element of Income Protection which was PPI and we claimed ( and were successful ). Life insurance against the mortgage isnt PPI, and you would be daft not to have it. Have a look at whole thing and see whether it did incorporate the Income Protection , then you will know for sure.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Abbey Life is a life assurance company which has nothing to to with Abbey National/Santander. Are you mixing up Abbey Life with something else?

Life assurance is not PPI and most people take out life assurance to protection their mortgage. Total common sense.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • roonaldo
    roonaldo Posts: 3,420 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    its not ppi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts