We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Barclays Bank Plc
divadee
Posts: 10,608 Forumite
As some of you will know I had problems with Barclays over Easter (see this thread) well they have redeemed themselves above and beyond anything i thought.
They have sent me 3 tickets to Chessington World Of Adventures for the family to go some time this year, and I am £25 better off in my current account.
I have to thank Mr Varley and his personal assistant for sorting this out so promptly and professionally. Never ever thought this would happen from a financial institution but they have and i am soooooooo chuffed.
They have sent me 3 tickets to Chessington World Of Adventures for the family to go some time this year, and I am £25 better off in my current account.
I have to thank Mr Varley and his personal assistant for sorting this out so promptly and professionally. Never ever thought this would happen from a financial institution but they have and i am soooooooo chuffed.
0
Comments
-
Oh wow that is brilliant news on the tickets and £25 as well :j
So when are you off to Chessington then.
Rachel0 -
Not sure yet, but might keep them for may half term. weather will hopefully be a bit nicer by then.
still chuffed happy :j0 -
well done divadee, i read your thread when you posted it, and as soon as i read it i then heard on the news about the probs barclays were having that day. Poor you. At least you got something back for it, i'm well pleased for ya!0
-
Wow, thats fantastic! :T0
-
I wrote to complain as well. They have just credited my account with £50. No Chessington tickets though.
"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."
0 -
hurray for the Chessington tickets
at least barclays have seen the error of their ways
hope u have a good time0 -
Katgoddess wrote:I wrote to complain as well. They have just credited my account with £50. No Chessington tickets though.

well done you. at least they are doing something to sort it out.0 -
I have finally today received a letter from them in response to my complaint of 28th March.........basically Barclays told me how hard they all worked and tough that I could not access any of my own money on Easter Sunday.
I feel it is time that i looked elsewhere for my banking needs.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards