uite a few health issues and need life insurance

Any recommendations for life insurance when I have health issues ladies and gents.
I rang a broker today and explained I just want a term policy for about £10,000 to pay for my burial and to pay off debts etc.
I wont go in to the health conditions but nothing alarming I don't think, as they are all well managed,well 2 hrs later and they will make their decision on Monday when the underwriters have gone through everything,the premiums have already increased 100% just for my arthritis and they may impose further conditions.
Avoiding the dreaded AXA sun life crowd has anyone got any good company's they can recommmend.
Thanks guys.

Comments

• scotsbob
    scotsbob Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    Can't recommend one but if you go here, you will get instant quotes from a variety of companies.
    http://www.moneysupermarket.com/life-insurance/
  • Dunroamin
    Dunroamin Posts: 16,908 Forumite
    Do you realise that debts in your name die with you if there isn't any money in the estate?
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 45,798
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Wouldn't a funeral plan do the job, given the above?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Sorry everyone had to leave unexpectedly so couldn't get back to reply.
    covering everything I hope.
    I already did a comparison quote but scary amounts as on paper I am a big risk but in reality I am very well monitored so any problems are flagged straight away so better off than most people.
    I do realise debts are covered if I do die but they are joint so would like to make it easier for hubby/family.
    I had thought about a funeral plan but is this a bad option given what I have said re: risks etc.
    Thanks for your advice everyone I do appreciate it.
    mmm
  • Savvy_Sue
    Forumite
    I don't think it matters how high a risk you are for a funeral plan. It's for a funeral: obviously you need to look at the small print, especially if you want to pay in instalments, but once it's paid for, I'd have thought that your funeral was covered, whether it's next week or in 60 years!

Although note that the plan rarely covers the FULL costs, it will be for a basic 'service' in all probability, with nothing for extra cars, advert in local paper etc.
  • You could donate your body to medical science.....you wouldn't need to pay out for a funeral then.......very MSE.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Forumite
    beedeedee wrote: »
    You could donate your body to medical science.....you wouldn't need to pay out for a funeral then.......very MSE.
    Except that not all bodies are accepted / acceptable, and you don't find out in advance.
  • Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    Except that not all bodies are accepted / acceptable, and you don't find out in advance.
    You can find out beforehand....
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    beedeedee wrote: »
    You can find out beforehand....
    No you can't. The final decision is made on death of the potential donor.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • Not arguing - but I do know different. Of course the final decision is made on death.....but sometimes they want specifics.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure