Parcelforce driver - very dangerous driving!

Options
2»

Comments

• su3
    su3 Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    It is very difficult when you come across really bad driving to know the best course of action. The other day I had a four by four behind me who presumbly did not like the fact that I was keeping to the thirty mile an hour speed limit in a built up area.

He kept dropping back then accelerating right up to my rear bumper, I found it VERY intimidating, I did not want to go faster or slow or stop in case he got more angry. I eventually turned left while he went straight on making a very rude gesture out of the window.

It really did make me feel quite scared and wondered afterwards if I should have done anything different to continuing to drive in a normal way.
  • feesh
    feesh Posts: 328 Forumite
    Options
    su3 wrote: »
    It is very difficult when you come across really bad driving to know the best course of action. The other day I had a four by four behind me who presumbly did not like the fact that I was keeping to the thirty mile an hour speed limit in a built up area.

He kept dropping back then accelerating right up to my rear bumper, I found it VERY intimidating, I did not want to go faster or slow or stop in case he got more angry. I eventually turned left while he went straight on making a very rude gesture out of the window.

It really did make me feel quite scared and wondered afterwards if I should have done anything different to continuing to drive in a normal way.

Don't be intimidated, be proud that you are preventing him from driving like an idiot through a 30 zone!

The more people do that to me, the more I take great pride in "holding them up"!

I did my Advanced Driving last year and although I don't hang around on open roads and motorways, I always respect 30 limits now.

But, as you have found, it does wind people up sometimes. Just rise above it and be proud that you are probably preventing their dangerous driving. My observer taught me a great couple of tricks for dealing with them:
    1. Use your windscreen washers repeatedly - for some reason this actually seems to work. Its even more amusing if the eejit behind you is on the phone - watch him try and use his windscreen wipers when he's only got one free hand.

2. Put your right indicator on, they think you're turning right and it backs them off (not exactly advanced driving I must admit - to be used as a last resort only!).

Anyway, back on topic..........................

I have reported bad driving to the company before, in one instance I got a very heartfelt reply from the business owner, so it does have an effect. That's all you can do though, I'm afraid.
  • Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Firstly well done for reporting the driver, not only are they a danger to themselves but for other drivers and pedestrians/cyclists. The sooner we get idiots off the road like that, the roads would become much safer place.

I hope RM do take this seriously, however I have seen couriers constantly flouting the law, by driving whilst eating, reading maps and the usually using mobile phones.
  • dangeroussports
    Options
    Agreed. Dangerous driving is such a problem.

Also, people who drive too slowly on motorways are a real pain and at times a danger. These people think they are doing everybody a favour to drive nice and slowly whilst taking in all the scenery. No. No. It frustrates other drivers who in turn have to move over and others have to change speed, lane to avoid them even if other drivers are driving within the law!

There is a reason that certain vehicles are not allowed on motorways.

I think there should be a cr*p driver warning.

Oh and I cannot stand drivers to put on fog lights or full beams. Cannot stand them.....so much so....that I may of let my annoyance be known to the said driver.
  • smudger1964
    smudger1964 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Why dont you go on their website https://www.parcelforce.com and on the customer service section there is a click here to email us link.At least you would get it off your chest because you wont get anywhere reporting to to the police you are wasting your time there.At least the driver will then get called into the managers office and be told about it so perhaps he will moderate his driving and be aware that he is being watched
  • DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Why dont you go on their website https://www.parcelforce.com and on the customer service section there is a click here to email us link.At least you would get it off your chest because you wont get anywhere reporting to to the police you are wasting your time there.At least the driver will then get called into the managers office and be told about it so perhaps he will moderate his driving and be aware that he is being watched

I take it you missed the very first line of the OP ;)

Cheers, Des.
  • smudger1964
    smudger1964 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    well spotted eagle eye
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income