We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

How to make money from Google?

Options
I've seen a few posts in certain threads about making money from Google Ad's.

Could someone give me a detailed low down on how this actually works?

“You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.”

2012 Wins: BareMinerals makeup goody bag, Olympic Tickets:j

Comments

• MacsReturns
    Options
    Erm.... have you tried googling 'Google Ads'? ;)

Basically you need a website with good traffic, then you can host Google Ads and earn on either pay-per-click or pay-per-sale basis. Most people earn pennies; a few hit it big.

Alternatively, become the Google CEO, that's quite an earner, but the competition is fierce :D
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone - Thoreau
  • Pound
    Pound Posts: 2,784 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The easiest way is to start a blog, see this thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1654189

You just need to pick a subject that a wide variety of people will be interested in, perhaps photography techniques, software development, flower arrangement, etc. Then you put ads on each of the pages.

The aim is that people will read your blog and some of those will click your ads.
  • shmeeko69
    Options
    saliency wrote: »
    I've seen a few posts in certain threads about making money from Google Ad's.

Could someone give me a detailed low down on how this actually works?

A while back I had Google ads on a few of my product review blogs, but have since removed them as the return was quite poor. My problem with these type of ads is that, it tends to cause a distraction to people who arrive on the page and may otherwise have bought the said affiliate product, but have forgotten why they've reached the page due to all of the advertisments.

Mark :(
    Lao Tzu - "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime"

Derek Bok - "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport