We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Ebay question

Options
Have been selling a few items on ebay and just had a buyer complain (6 days after he received it) that item was damaged when it arrived. I contacted courier who instigated the claim process and requested buyer provide pics of the damage and packaging. They then recontacted me , said they had got item repaired for a nominal fee and no need to claim from courier.
They haven't requested I send them the repair fee but i am concerned that they will try and reverse the paypal amount at some point. Do I have any protection? the item was well packed and protected (we have photos) and item was undamaged when sent.

My main concern is that buyer will try to reverse payment but has not sent any proof of damage to me so I would be unable to claim off courier, despite it being insured

Comments

• blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have been selling a few items on ebay

ask the question in the Ebay Forum :cool:
  • hotpot1000
    Options
    If they have altered the item in any way then ebay will find on your side.

I bought a gas boiler and as soon as the gas safe engineer installed it -the hot water was not hot, obviously on the day, couldnt just take it back out and return it leaving no boiler at the house.

seller was made aware and that engineer was consulting with Baxi to effect repairs, etc.

after several attempts the boiler was still the same- unreliable hot water.
    ebay supported the seller coz I'd had it repaired, I said I'll put it back in the same condition and got same response, it's tough luck once you alter the condition of the item.
    so I lost the money on a piece of rubbish
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport