company liablity

Options
Last year my son and his manager were in the company car, a wheel flew off a car travelling in the opposite direction, bounced off the roof & windscreen and set the airbags off. The company replaced the car but said they were not liable for my sons injuries. He claimed from the other sides insurance through a no win no fee solicitor. Now, however, he is worried about his companies policy. They must be liable for any injury to their employees when they are carrying out company business both in the office and when they are on the road. Dont all companies have to have liability insurance? All my son wants to do is make sure that he and his collegues have insurance whilst they are at work.
:smileyhea A SMILE COSTS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Comments

• Debt_Free_Chick
    Debt_Free_Chick Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The company would only be liable if it were their fault - where someone else is liable (as appears to be in this case), then they are the ones to pay any damages/costs.

Employer's liability insurance covers claims where the employer is liable - not where someone else is.

Your son did the right thing - which was to claim off the person who is liable. This is all that the other employees need do, if they are in a similar situation.

HTH
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure