McDonalds stickers please

Options

Comments

• -1-
    -1- Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes eBay have rules but they don't enforce them very well.

I listed some of my spares for sale and they we're removed, all genuine and real stickers but removed. I was advised if I re-listed them, they would remove the auctions again and most likely result in my ebay account being suspended. It does seem like the people with the images are getting away with re-listing time and time again.

I have since thought " stuff ebay then" and put them on https://www.monopolystickers.com (the long list is mine) see if anything comes from it.

It is very poor they have these rules that lets face it no-one reads and when one small slip up occurs they pounce asap and treat you the same as the scammers who are doing worse by trying to rip people off with just images of the stickers.

Really gets my goat.
    :wave: Smile, you only get one life, LIVE IT.
  • firespire
    firespire Posts: 795 Forumite
    Options
    EssexGirl wrote: »
    It says "Mayfair House" No such thing on the monopoly board.
    Feel sorry for the poor person scammed out of £175 :mad:

Looking at them all on ebay I believe the group prize is written below the Name so it is Mayfair, Prize=House. Although the fact he tries to makes himself sound dumb but knows to cover the code sounds like he's a scammer & if he has it got Mayfair not just a picture then I very much doubt the buyer will be sent anything and I agree someone will be £175 poorer.
  • Queen_Astilon
    Options
    firespire wrote: »
    Looking at them all on ebay I believe the group prize is written below the Name so it is Mayfair, Prize=House. Although the fact he tries to makes himself sound dumb but knows to cover the code sounds like he's a scammer & if he has it got Mayfair not just a picture then I very much doubt the buyer will be sent anything and I agree someone will be £175 poorer.

The buyer may well be sent something, but I don't know what. If you look at the photo, it's been photoshopped

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mcdonalds-monopoly-mayfair-M721_W0QQitemZ320099978602QQcategoryZ65215QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's probably a Park Lane one on which he's replaced the name Mayfair - they would both say 'house' as the prize, just as all the stickers say what their prizes are. On the sticker number, which reads M721, the 1 is a very different font/thickness to the two and the seven.

Oddly, this seller - jagzstar - has a fairly high positive feedback rate - maybe he's just trying a scam for the first time.

added:
    Here’s another one, just like the other altered one – identical photograph!
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mcdonalds-monopoly-mayfair-the-house-rare_W0QQitemZ250101373944QQcategoryZ65215QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    seller = dodden2007

Could they be copying or is it the same multiple person?

Got away with it, though. Wait and see what the feedback says.
  • Rhian
    Rhian Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
  • dobbiesloan
    dobbiesloan Posts: 2,211 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Rhian wrote: »
    Mcdonalds-Monopoly-Park-Lane_

Thanks for brnging this to my attenyion. It's just wat I need to go with my Mayfair.
    GONE ENGLAND
  • Queen_Astilon
    Options
    Thanks for brnging this to my attenyion. It's just wat I need to go with my Mayfair.

You've said at least three times now that you have Mayfair. If this is so, more power to your elbow. Congratulations and enjoy!

You might want to do some poor bidding fools a favour and report the above scammers to eBay - point out that you have the only one in the country.
  • Sky_Digiman
    Sky_Digiman Posts: 507 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I need Liverpool Street Station for a Bravia TV.
    the Money Saving Expert team do not moderate forums, so if you see something that shouldnt be here report it! :beer:
  • -1-
    -1- Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Join the club lol.:rotfl:
    :wave: Smile, you only get one life, LIVE IT.
  • TCO987
    TCO987 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    i need marylebone station & liverpool st station.i need old kent road to win a k800i
  • Porsmond
    Porsmond Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    OMG, I cant believe people have been gullible to believe those Ebay listings, and believe that person has MayFair,Also look carefully, and you can clearly see its been edited, such a bad fake, I feel sorry for the people who will be nearly upto £200 worse off
    I wonder if anyone will really win the house though??With only 1 ticket out there somewhere,there is a potential it will never be found,what with the odd few people that dont bother picking off the tickets, and discard them without knowing. Got Park Lane at the weekend, so here's potetially hoping(I know I know,I seriously dought it, but the thought is still nice)

I got Liverpool Street last week, but I dont want to win a Railway Station, so I just chuck all of those in the bin. :whistle:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure