Barclaycard - Low Rate catch...

Options
Just something to watch out for if you're going for the low rate Barclaycard!

I got one just before Christmas and made the first payment online. It stated that I could only pay minimum payments or payments up to £100 online until 90 days after I first used my debit card. Fair enough...

Although last month it only gave me an option of £0.00 as a payment. I did mean to check at the time but totally forgot...:rolleyes:

This month it was the same option so I rang only to be told firstly that any refunds on the card are considered payments. I queried this - did this mean that I couldn't make any payments during months when something was refunded?? I was told I could but only after 90 days of registering my debit card! I explained I had already used my debit card to pay online over 90 days ago! The guy went away for awhile and when he came back he told me it was my error because I hadn't registered the card I was using. I explained that this isn't explained on the site - or if it was it wasn't clear enough. He ignored that and just said the card had to be registered. I told him I was on the website while talking to him and asked him to talk me through registering the card - only to be told I couldn't until the next bill was due! :shocked:

I'm expecting a refund to be put on the card this month as well - so won't be able to anything on line!! My options? Post cheque (the on-line option was one of the reasons why I went with the card in the first place) or go into a branch - now I'm in NI and I don't think there are any here and another bank will charge for making the payment!

:mad: :eek: :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport