BT Basics

Options
We will qualify to go onto BT Basic line rental from January.Its £14.40 a quarter line rental and includes (I think) £4.50 of calls per quarter.

Can anyone confirm this and also is it possible to keep your caller display on this package.We find this invaluable as we can see without picking up the phone what kind of call it is.

Comments

• Alloneword
    Options
    Yes it's above board i'm on it now but MAY move away soon due to ISP being a A**HOLE (O2) you can keep caller ID, one thing to bear in mind with this deal is phone calls cost more per minute over normal services so try to limit your calls as much as you can.

All1
  • unclepotter
    Options
    Thanks for that All1

I did note that calls were quite expensive outside your allowance but it doesn't bother me as I use my mobile 99% of the time due having severe hearing difficulties.

We only made 2 calls via the landline last month and 2 the month before.
    As my OH will be able to claim pension credit come January we thought we might as well get the reduced landline rental.

Is caller display an extra cost or is in foc.
  • Alloneword
    Options
    Thanks for that All1

Is caller display an extra cost or is in foc.
    To be honest i'm not 100% sure but i think it was free, but to be 100% sure here is anumber for BT Basic only I've seen this posted around much so hopefully it will help you and others if you have basic questions on basic.

0800-800864

All1
  • A.Penny.Saved
    Options
    You can get the free caller display, which is available to most BT customers, providing that you make 6 paid calls per quarter as a minimum. It doesn't work with SMS texts but for basic numbers it's fine.

BT Privacy @ Home

With BT Basic, due to the high cost of calls and BT blocking access to cheap caller providers such as 1899, the best method for making cheap calls is to use VOIP. The call costs are higher than services such as 1899 but considerably cheaper than BT basic call charges.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure