IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

High view parking

Options
Good evening

I parked in a car park in consett county durham and overstayed by 20mins. I have now had 3 letters from high view parking saying I must pay and that my credit rating will be affected if I do not pay and they will contact solicitors. What is the advice I should take? Should I pay or just ignore these letters?

Thanks for replies in advance.

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ignore - Highview are well known here and utter scammers.

Don't contact them or be taken in by their scare tactics - they would have to take you to court, win and you fail to pay the judgement before any of that might happen - and it won't, esp if you ignore all the scary letters.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    stormo wrote: »
    Good evening

I parked in a car park in consett county durham and overstayed by 20mins. I have now had 3 letters from high view parking saying I must pay and that my credit rating will be affected if I do not pay and they will contact solicitors. What is the advice I should take? Should I pay or just ignore these letters?

Thanks for replies in advance.

Ignore it and you will just get the same letters we all do - and despite the 'debt collector' or 'solicitor' headings and bold lettering, threatening increasing charges, they really are very easy to ignore (as we all do!).

I am just an ordinary law abiding Mum with a mortgage, a clean credit record and a job that requires an enhanced CRB check (as does my husband's job). I laughed when I got one of these fake PCNs 4 years ago and was very pleased to waste their postage when I got the usual debt collector letters. I recently was amused to get another one on my windscreen and I am awaiting the letter chain with vague interest, just for a laugh.

A private company cannot affect your credit record without a credit agreement (shouldn't think you signed a credit agreement to this bunch of chancers while you were there?!). Without that they would need to achieve the small matter of winning in Court by convincing a judge that you owe them money.

They can't and they won't affect your credit rating and they can't and they won't send the boys round.

This will not even make a dent on a penny in your pocket. Do not take it seriously at all; do not respond to the letters in the absence of real sealed Court papers - which will not come. It's all just threats.

All the letters can be seen as picture previews, in the permanent info 'sticky' thread near the top of the parking forum. See my signature for the words to click on, in order to take a step back and see the whole current thread list.

One click and you see all the current threads here. Third from the top, click on 'PPC letter chains'.

1. Watch the Watchdog clip on there, and then

2. scroll down to the pics of the usual threatograms, then

3. Play a nice game of snap with each matching templated threatogram, then

4. Tell your friends & family about the fake PCN generic scam so they never pay one to one of these cowboy firms.

HTH :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • amber2890
    amber2890 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Ignore them :)

Had dealings with them recently for overstaying in their carpark due to locking my keys in my car and waiting for help :rotfl:

Was told on here to just ignore :p

Nothing but a bunch of scammers!
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The final but more unpleasant threats usually include mentioning that, if the case goes to court, a county court judgement (CCJ) may be issued, that bailiffs may be appointed and that your credit rating may be ruined. For things to actually get to this stage, the car park owner would have to take you to court and win the case. Then, you would have to refuse to pay, to get a CCJ issued after 28 days. Then, you would have to still refuse to pay, to get bailiffs appointed.

You are nearing the end of the letter chain. Continue to ignore everything you get from them. Soon, they’ll run out of empty threats and stop throwing good money after bad.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure