Primus and 18866?

Options
Hi. Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to use 18866 if i change from BT to Primus. Really need to move away from BT but need the internet and make a few international calls.
Thanks.:D

Comments

• savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well it works for me but I still do have line rental with BT although not for much longer
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Only BT is required to allow its line rental customers the use of indirect access providers like 1899, 18866 and 18185. Hence, those with BT line rental and a legacy Primus CPS (Carrier Preselect) service are certain to be able to use any of them.

Primus has, in the past, given Martin a guarantee that its line rental customers would be able to use these providers too but, IIRC, that is due to expire at the end of this year. What will happen after that is unknown.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • jhp
    jhp Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    Primus block them if they unbundle (LLU) your line apparently.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure