Advice needed

Options
Hi all, can anyone suggest my next course of action, I have followed the procedure on reclaiming bankk charges to the letter, ie asking for last 6 years statements, the working out my disproportionate charges, then I sent off a letter asking for full reimbursment
today I have recieved a letter from my bank saying " they are really sorry to hear of my complaint and can i get in touch with them if they have missunderstood my concerns, and if I dont get in touch they will just continuing an investigation and will try to get abck to me in the next 4 weeks

Do I just wait for the 4 weeks or do I need to do something else
Any advice would be greatly recieved

Thanks
Steve

Comments

• 1192ROBIN
    1192ROBIN Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Steve

send a letter asking for the full amount by return of post and explain to them if you do not hear from them in this time frame you will take legal action to re claim your monies.

after the seven days if you have not received your money make a claim against them using MCOL Money Claim On Line https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
    after 14 days if the Bank has not responded to your claim , you can then ask for Judgement by default. Do not communicate to and fro with your Bank tel them what you are about to do and then let the courts take over.

best of luck Robin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family