Has anyone insured their car with

Emmy
Emmy Posts: 1,929 Forumite
Swift cover.com ...... just went on the moneysupermarket.com and they compared 50 insurers and these came out so cheap.

Tesco said £261
Swift.com said £132

Both fully comp, and same specs...... how come it is so cheap..... you know that too good to be true feeling :)

Anyone had dealings with them???

Emmy x x
:heartpuls Number 1 Aunty Gok fan :heartpuls

Comments

• balsingh
    balsingh Posts: 1,490
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I would go on the swiftcover.com website and run the same quote through just to make sure everythign has been covered. As far as I know they are quite a popular company who advertise on TV. The are internet only so they use that as a mode to pass savings onto customers.

Also, try confused.com who also offer a comparison service.
    If you found my comment helpful, please click the 'Thanks' button below :T
  • mountainofdebt
    mountainofdebt Posts: 7,795
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I think my biggest concern would be the fact that they are internet based so I assume there's no call centres for you to actually speak to someone if needs be - and we all know how emails can get ignored!
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
  • snails's_pace
    snails's_pace Posts: 2,121 Forumite
    im with virgin car insurance. they dont charge a fee for paying monthly like a lot of other insurers
    Bring back mark and lard NOW! or else (please) clique member no. 10 :j

"When a woman steals your man,there is no better revenge than to let her keep him"

I maybe blonde, have many moments and have big bazookas but my brain is in gear
  • Emmy
    Emmy Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    There is a phone number if you need to claim. That was one of my thoughts too.
    :heartpuls Number 1 Aunty Gok fan :heartpuls
  • rdwarr
    rdwarr Posts: 6,159
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    balsingh wrote: »
    I would go on the swiftcover.com website and run the same quote through just to make sure everythign has been covered. ...

I'd echo that. I've had a few quotes from moneysupermarket that have failed to materialize when I've followed them up on the insurer's website. Seems a great price if you can get it though.
    Can I help?
  • plane_boy2000
    plane_boy2000 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    Have used them for the last two years with no problem. Had a question to which I couldnt find an answer on their website, so called an dthey were helpful, but dont have any experience of a claim though!
  • pianeet
    pianeet Posts: 518 Forumite
    i have been with them two months renewed my car tax online so must be official ,there is a phone number for claims,they were also £200 cheaper for my renewal,i think they are also underwitten by one of the big insurance companies so shouldn't be a problem
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Quinny_2
    Quinny_2 Posts: 1,351 Forumite
    Just recently had the renewal for the Wife's Micra, (Which we've now sold anyhow) from Churchill,and it was £180.

Went on Quidco,ran the same quote through Lloyds TSB,and with the Quidco cashback,it came to £81!!!!!!! And unbelievably,the insurance was underwritten by..........yes,you've guessed it.Churchill!!!!!!!

Even after selling the Micra,and buying a Peugeot 306,there was only a difference of about £10,again through Quidco.

Ken.
    That's my mutt in the picture above.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family