help needed

Options
richsam

help. i am overdrawn because of bank charges £800. in total £1100 this month and last , the bank said out of good will they will give half back, if i take this can i still claim the rest back using the letters from this site at a later date. if i take the half now at least when some money goes in i will have some cash, at the moment i am skint

Comments

• nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    richsam wrote: »
    help. i am overdrawn because of bank charges £800. in total £1100 this month and last , the bank said out of good will they will give half back, if i take this can i still claim the rest back using the letters from this site at a later date. if i take the half now at least when some money goes in i will have some cash, at the moment i am skint

As long as you don't agree this is a full and final settlement.
  • jinkssick
    jinkssick Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    yeah like said above, accept but only if it doesnt state FINAL settlement. then hunt for the rest. just to help you to reach your 0 balance.
    Save saynoto0870.com in your favorites, and stop giving companies more £££ dialling 0870 numbers when you can dial freephones or cheaper alternatives
    call your credit card company, tell them that you want to leave, 99% of the time theyll lower your APR%
    Remember when that Bank Manager or Salesperson smiles at you, all he sees is £ notes. Dont forget the motto, "the wider their grin, the more debt your in"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport