We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
BT & the revised 1571 service
alanrowell
Posts: 5,397 Forumite
You can now extend the 1571 answer service so you can access your messages from a mobile phone.
How do I know this - I was phoned at 4:00AM (yes AM, like in the morning) to be told this wonderous news
How do I know this - I was phoned at 4:00AM (yes AM, like in the morning) to be told this wonderous news
0
Comments
-
So do what I do and either turn the ringer volume down if your phone has the function, or take the line out of the socket.
I only have a BT line due to using broadband - I have a mobile for calls so I hardly ever use it to ring someone.
I work overnight so the phone is hardly ever connected - and I never get disturbed when I'm sleeping.0 -
So on the off chance that some nutter is calling me at 4 in the morning rather than someone from my family with an emergency, I should disconnect my phone, wish I'd thought of that.0
-
oops
i never thought of that
thought it was a fab idea and registered my mobile straight away....0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards