Help with increasing RBS Account Charges

Options
Hello!! Well, since finding this site I have now ordered my statements and gone through all the charges and find that I 'could' pay off my overdrafts with what they owe me. :T :T Letter going in the post today. Thanks to martin and this forum.

What it also revealed was that my account has been 'upgraded' automatically over the past 6 years twice. I started with a Royalties account, it was then upgraded to a Royalties Gold account - that upgrade I do remember agreeing to as it was for the overdraft. Now I find that in 2004 (when I was having a nervous breakdown over debt - lets call that the candle flicker moment) they upgraded me again to a Royalties Premier account - no extra overdraft or facilities involved and I did not ask or agree to it - but they have increased the charges for having that type of account from £25 to £43 per month - does anyone know if I can claim the difference back as I didn't request or agree to the upgrade - or is my agreement implicit as I have not done anything about it. Light bulb moment was this year!!!;)

Thanks Jude.
Jude (& 3h's - hubby, hounds and horses!):rolleyes:
Proud to be dealing with our debt
In denial since 2003 original LBM
From Jan 2006 - personal debts totalling £58 000 - Without the mortgage:eek:
Debt total now £50688
Mortgage £95000 22.5 years to go.......first overpayment this month:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing