Question for anyone who has been to the O2 arena in London before

Options
Ok so I am trying to get tickets to the Michael Jackson Cirque Du Soleil show in October. Ideally for the 20th October date. Up until yesterday they only had top tier tickets left which I didn't want as I am taking my mom and she occasionally suffers from vertigo, however today I noticed they had a few tickets for block 103 row Q. My question is what are these seats like? are they really far from the stage? its difficult to tell from the seating plan just how big the arena is.

I could go for the 21st date as they have front row in block 104 left but im struggling to get the following day off work plus there seems to be tons of tickets left for this date and I would like a good atmosphere.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Disneyland Paris (Dream Castle) - January 2010
Fuertaventura (Corralejo, Oasis Dunas) - March 2010
Disneyland Paris (Dream Castle) - October 2010
Disneyland Paris (Kyriad) - July 2011

Comments

• needaholiday
    Options
    I have tickets for the 19th October Block 109 and am wondering the same thing. There are still tickets available for this block and date on Ents24.com.
  • kt21
    kt21 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Options
    I've been to the 02 on lots of occasions, I've been in most areas and never had a bad view. It's quite tall rather than wide.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,162 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been there up in 412 - the view was awful and the sound was truly abysmal. I paid for that one and would have been better not going.

I've also been in 101 or 102, and it was quite a long way from the stage. Somebody else paid for that, so I was OK.

For methe O2 is the wrong side of London so and getting home is difficult, and I've had to leave before the end.

Based on my experiences, I don't much like the O2, and have skipped seeing some bands rather than going there.
  • CDaniels1987
    Options
    Whats Ents24.com? I have never heard of that site.

I just cant decide what to book!
  • barbarawright
    Options
    If it helps, I was in the back row for the basketball and I thought the view was excellent though a very looong way away. I could certainly see all the play and there were screens which I could see perfectly. I did have to walk up about 20 steps to get to my seat (don't think there is any way around that) but it wasn't nearly as vertigo-inspiring as being n the balcony of a West End theatre, IMO. If there's acrobats and stuff like that I imagine you'll see them very well but not their faces, except on the screens
  • CDaniels1987
    Options
    Was that the back row on the upper tier or lower tier? Would you say it would be a good view from Block 103, row Q?
  • barbarawright
    Options
    It was 417U - literally the back row of the upper tier. I remember thinking that the gymnastics would have looked great from up there as long as facial expressions weren't vital. And the seats had a fair amount of legroom. But I guess different staging will make a difference.

There were enough women's loos too which is what I really ask of a venue :rotfl:
  • needaholiday
    needaholiday Posts: 572 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 29 August 2012 at 11:09AM
    Options
    www.ents24.com
    Here's a link. Have bought tickets for various concerts from them in the past.
  • CDaniels1987
    Options
    Thanks i think what i am really trying to find out is if row Q in block 104 is much further back than row A because im stuck between the 2 but the latter would mean going on the Sunday which at the moment i cant get the following day off work and we would have to stay overnight.
  • terriandaaron
    Options
    Hi
    I live in london, 10 mins away and have been numerous times, there isnt a lot in bewteen the two seating areas you are talking about, there sort of on a bend so the front of block 104 is sort of level with block 103 which has a narrower front section, id imagne the view to be pretty much the same

The stadiums are tall rather than wide and i would be extremly hesitant to have any seats in the 400 areas, its like being up in the gods!, but the 100 areas are fine and the view isnt to bad, in fact quite a few things ive been too make use of the center stage area as well as the front stage, plently of screens too.

Have fun ! x
    5 kids..1 hubby...1 dog..3 rabbits and a goldfish...yep ours is a Madhouse :D

:smileyhea We love Disney...:heart:

Trying to Save for a Bigger house ...:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family