Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Rochdale Foodbank

Hello,

My name is Gemma Jackson & I am the fund raising co-ordinator for the Rochdale Foodbank.

We are a charity which aims to help those struggling to feed themselves or their families, for reasons ranging from benefit delays to an unexpected bill, leaving no money for food.

Our vouchers can be obtained from front line service prividers such as Doctors, Surestart centres, churches, social workers and so on.

We give out 3 days worth of food to those who have been referred to us, and try to signpost any other concerns. We rely solely on food donations or monthly cash donations.

We shall be at the Rochdale Feel Good Festival this coming Friday & Saturday (31st Aug to 1st Sept), collecting non perishable food, donatiins and signing up volunteers. If you are local please come and visit out stall with any tins/long life milk etc.

Thank you. Your donations may be feeding your friend, work colleague or neighbour.

Comments

• Rochdale_Guy
    Rochdale_Guy Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Good luck Gemma Jackson with the Rochdale Foodbank, an excellent service you will be providing.

As for the Council run "Feel Good Festival", wouldn't it be bad if all the Council employees they have, and are making redundant (myself included) turned up to this event and protested about what is there to feel good about?

Sorry, rant over.

Good luck with the event :A
  • Thats ok :-))

I can understand your rant completely. As a social policy degree student it is worrying to see these job losses in the community, especially within my home town. These are also impacting foodbanks as more and more people struggle, at no fault of their own. You have every right to campaign, but please dont near the Foodbank stall or my personal business stall ;-).

Good luck with your future job search!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport