Budget Car Insurance policy "New Customers Only"

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
ragz67ragz67 Forumite
2 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
I was amazed and disgusted with Budget Car Insurance yesterday when they litarally robbed my son of £341. In a matter of 6 weeks my son paid £565 and has had to go to a new insurance company and start again.
My son is 21 and has just passed his driving test and insured a 51 reg Ford Focus on the 17th feb, costing £2100 Deposit £395 monthly installments £170"first installment was paid on 17th march"
On the 19th March he asked could he have insurance transfered to a bmw 316i and paid £25 transfer costs ,the cost of the insurance cover for the bmw was £1918 installments £150pm.

March 28th he purchased a PEUGEOT 307 1.6i RAPIER 16V EST. 5DR
and rang BUDGET INSURANCE and asked them could her transfer to the Peugeot and they responded " We wont insure you 3rd party then cam back with the sum of £3800 with another deposit of £800 .
Because he had already exchanged his bmw for the peugeot he was in a fix ,so I asked him to ask about a S reg fiat punto turbo I could sort out for him and at this stage BUDGET INSURANCE were quoting disgusting prices
£5000 to be exact.
Unknown to the Lady on the phone I was checking on confused.com for the prices for both the peugeot and the punto and was astounded that they were only quoting
£2449.21 fire and theft for the Peugeot
£3000 fire and theft for the Punto
When asked why this was the BUDGET INSURANCE lady responded
"""That Price Only Applies To New Customers And Not Existing Customers"""
When my son said he couldn't afford the payments they told him to send the policies back , he had only used £241.55 of his insurance and they were charging him £341 for cancellation which when toted up meant that BUDGET INSURANCE owed him £16 ... BUT BUT they will be billing him for a further £51 for more cancellation fees.
MY OPINION
Once they have your money they give no leeway at all and you are not treated with respect for being an existing customer "Quite The oposite"

My son Later had to pay out another £300 deposit to another insurance that insured him for the peugeot fully comprehensive for £3077
JUST REMEMBER BUDGET INSURANCE'S
NEW FOUND QUOTE
NEW CUSTMERS ONLY
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up