Amazon Mastercard £25 gift for Decemeber sign up

Options
As per MSE money tip last year I signed up for the Amazon Mastercard in December 2006, spent on it and have received an email from Amazon with my gift code... for £10! Not the £25 as promised. I've fired off an email pointing this out.

Has anyone else had this problem?
...and then the window licker said to me...

Comments

• mikay2007
    Options
    HI,

I really need some help!!!. I am a 21 year student at Leeds University, last year my student card & credit card were used by fraudsters. 1st card they took money out from the bank itself!!! which was refunded & second card was used at a hotel (without pin as i dont know it myself) My student card was refunded right away but my credit card still remains an issue. The bank is refusing to refund my credit card bcos i didnt file a police report. Ive atleast been into my local branch 20 times and the employee dealing with my claim promised me each time that he would take care of the credit card issue aswell as the student card. I filled out a form which he said will be sent to the police for a crime reference number and again was reasured that this will be sorted out. My student card was refunded but a year down the line i discover that the employee never farworded the form to the police and never sorted the matter credit card issue out. Now the i have been told my claim isnt valid and am responsible to pay all charges!.

please can someone advise me what to do as i connot afford to pay 500 for something i never did in the first place

thanks

mike
  • greyster
    greyster Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    As per MSE money tip last year I signed up for the Amazon Mastercard in December 2006, spent on it and have received an email from Amazon with my gift code... for £10! Not the £25 as promised. I've fired off an email pointing this out.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Just chase it knuckle, you will get it no problems. There was some time between the £10 and £15 I receieved.
  • greyster
    greyster Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    mikay2007 wrote: »
    HI,

I really need some help!!!. I am a 21 year student at Leeds University, last year my student card & credit card were used by fraudsters. 1st card they took money out from the bank itself!!! which was refunded & second card was used at a hotel (without pin as i dont know it myself) My student card was refunded right away but my credit card still remains an issue. The bank is refusing to refund my credit card bcos i didnt file a police report. Ive atleast been into my local branch 20 times and the employee dealing with my claim promised me each time that he would take care of the credit card issue aswell as the student card. I filled out a form which he said will be sent to the police for a crime reference number and again was reasured that this will be sorted out. My student card was refunded but a year down the line i discover that the employee never farworded the form to the police and never sorted the matter credit card issue out. Now the i have been told my claim isnt valid and am responsible to pay all charges!.

please can someone advise me what to do as i connot afford to pay 500 for something i never did in the first place

thanks

mike

I'm sure you'll get a wide response if you post under a seperate topic and not under amazon mastercard bonus problem. There are plenty of helpful people around who may miss ur post.
  • knuckledragger
    Options
    greyster,
    sorry for the late reply- no internet acess for a while! As you said, a second email from them has arrived with the £15 voucher included. Result. Now just have to pay the card off and cancel it. What to buy with £25....
    ...and then the window licker said to me...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure