We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Voluntary Redundancy Advice Please

I work full time for a company but have 2 part time job roles within it.

I found out this week that everyone from one of my part time jobs is threatened with redundancy and will have to reapply for their positions.

I am currently 4 months pregnant. I have been at this company for 16 years. I was 19 when I started. I began my 2 part time jobs about 6 years ago.

I am seriously thinking of taking voluntary redundancy. I am due to have my 1:1 interview next week.

Could anyone tell me:

1. Would they base my redundancy package on all the years I have worked for the company or just the ones when I started my part time roles.

2.Could they cap how many years they offer the redundancy amount for?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.