Accident compensation in IVA

Options
DNR_2
DNR_2 Posts: 18 Forumite
Hi, I am a newby at posting, I have been in an IVA for 18 months and am wondering if anyone can give me advice please. I had a rear end shunt on the motorway this week, have a very sore lower back, but I'm wondering if it is even worth entering into an injury claim. Would any compensation I get have to be paid to the IVA company? would I have to declare it as it would be for a personal injury?

Would very much appreciate any advice. Cheers.

Comments

• meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Surely it would be a good thing if it was paid to the IVA ?
  • pickpocketlocket
    Options
    What is the medical prognosis for your "very sore lower back"?
  • DNR_2
    Options
    Thanks, yes I agree, but after reading posts on here today, I'm thinking ahead to year 4 when my car is long dead and I have no other means of getting another, a little bit of money saved could be useful maybe?
  • DNR_2
    Options
    whiplash injury caused by RTA, is that relevant to the IVA then?
  • pickpocketlocket
    Options
    Would you not be using the money to fund treatment for your injury?
  • DNR_2
    Options
    I work for the NHS, you obviously havn't heard of them, they will ensure, as they do for everyone in this country, that I will get physio after a trauma if needed. Thank you for your concern.
  • pickpocketlocket
    Options
    DNR wrote: »
    I work for the NHS, you obviously havn't heard of them, they will ensure, as they do for everyone in this country, that I will get physio after a trauma if needed. Thank you for your concern.

In that case I am wondering what you are claiming for, if your needs are being met by the NHS?
  • DNR_2
    Options
    Are you in an IVA?
  • cheesedoffwithdebt
    Options
    Hi, two comments. If you're in an iva there will be a clause in the iva agreement about windfall payments so some if not all of any claim would have to go to your creditors I think,you'd certainly have to tell the ip.

Secondly, personal injury claims are not a given. Suggest you go straight to a good solicitor and ask about your chances f success.
    now debt free and determined to maintain good spending habits and build savings
  • DNR_2
    Options
    Hi, thank you for your helpful reply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business