Cheapest way to Gatwick from Harrow by Public Transport

balsingh
balsingh Posts: 1,490
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Forumite
Any suggestions for 2 people going out on a Saturday morning and coming back the next Sunday morning? I know the most expensive way is to get the train into London and get the Gatwick Express. My wife has a zone 1-5 annual gold travelcard - not sure if that can be used to make any further saving.

Thanks in advance
If you found my comment helpful, please click the 'Thanks' button below :T

Comments

• waster_2
    waster_2 Posts: 498 Forumite
    Not costed it, but I would expect the coach from Heathrow Central Bus Station to Gatwick would offer the best value for money.
  • dzug
    dzug Posts: 2,260 Forumite
    waster wrote: »
    Not costed it, but I would expect the coach from Heathrow Central Bus Station to Gatwick would offer the best value for money.

The bus from HEATHROW to Gatwick is in fact one of the most expensive non-taxi ways of doing that journey. It's cheaper to get the tube into London and get the Gatwick Express.

But OP is asking about Harrow, not Heathrow,

On the Saturday there is a through train every hour from Harrow and Wealdstone to Gatwick. It's £9.90 single, £19-70 saver return

However returning on Sundays it is necessary to change at Clapham Junction

Your wife should be able to get (at Harrow) a Boundary zone 5 to Gatwick ticket to take advantage of her travelcard. If they are iffy about doing it an East Croydon to Gatwick ticket will be only a few pence different
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure