2yr old party bags

HI all Im now all out of ideas and with major illness recently its all run a bit away with me and my head just isnt where it should be. I need some ideas for my little girls 2nd birthday for the goody bags. Its so close to easter that i dont just want to fill them up on even more junk. the other problem i have is that i am having it at the mums and tots group that i run so there are some children 3 and some that are barely 1.
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

strawbs x
Pain is temporary!! quitting is permanent

Comments

• redballoon_2
    redballoon_2 Posts: 1,555
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Do you have a pound land near you? You could fill the bags with stickers, as kids go mad for them!,
    instead of sweets, have little boxes of raisins?
    Make £10 a day challenge March 2013 £101.24 / £240 :j
    WSC 10 March - £0 / £5
    Debt £17,294 - 7th March
  • strawbsuk76
    strawbsuk76 Posts: 244 Forumite
    I do have a poundland nr me yes what a great idea thank you very much

strawbs x
  • shazziere
    shazziere Posts: 558 Forumite
    i dont think this will be helpful for this years party bags but may be good for next year!Whenever the newspapers have free kids dvds in them i make a point of getting as many of them as possible by getting family to save the papers etc.These make excellent gifts to pop in a party bag and also give the mums a free bit of time too when the lillte ones are watching them.Much better than noisy plastic bits or sweets
  • strawbsuk76
    strawbsuk76 Posts: 244 Forumite
    shazziere what a fantastic idea might get me more motivated for next yr just the kick start i need.

strawbs x
  • Hi Strawbs.

My 21 month old DD went to a 2 year old's pary at the weekend. In the partry bag that she received there was;

a big multi-coloured pencil
    a balloon
    pack of raisins
    miniture box of smarties
    miniture kitkat
    a balloon squishy character thing (it's like a kiddies stress bag!) - I saw them in poundland for 10 for £1
    a real plastic diamond ring

All of these things my DD loved. On my visit to poundland yesterday there is loads of stuff, even for the little ones. I also saw party bags and happy birthday banners too.

Hope your party goes well. I feel I've already got some ideas for my DD's party bags for her birthday in August :)
  • morganb
    morganb Posts: 1,762
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    For my DS birthday this year, I am putting the following into party bags ...
    piece of homemade cake (object to large amount of colourings used in shop bought cakes)
    bag of chocolate stars
    for the girls, I bought a hairbrush/comb/mirror/clip set from Primark, £1 each reduced to 50 p in the sale
    for the boys, I bought a bubble set from The Natural World, reduced down to 50 p in closing down sale ... the bubbles are the ones that you can touch. We printed and laminated some 'thank you' pirate bookmarks, too.

Also, they will be making and decorating pirate hats, collecting treasure hunt clues, panning for 'gold' and decorating biscuits, so they get to take all that home too.

Hope this is helpful, I just like doing stuff that's a bit different!
    That's Numberwang!
  • My daughters aged 3 and 1 received great party bags recently with

• homemade biscuit - hand iced by birthday girl
    • a photo of them actually at the party (they were taking digital photos of the children during the party - and hubby printed them out intime to slip into the party bags at the end of the party)
    • a couple of small plastic farm animals
    • a balloon
    • 2 sparkly stickers
    • a small rabbit board book
    • a pretty hair clip
    (i think that the plastic animals, small books and hair clips had been bought in bulk and then split between the bags).

The books were gorgeous with little rabbits on and were enjoyed by 3 year old and 1 year old alike. They have them at the bookpeople at the moment £3.99 for 12 books "Bunnies easter parade http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productSearch_10001_10001_23505_100___10_SimpleSearch_2_1_2__basicSearch_)

[/LIST]
    ps if you have a "HomeBargains" near you - they have some great bunny and duck toys with chocolate eggs for 39p each which would be perfect
    Rhiannon of Woolamai

;) Thanks!
    [/CENTER]
  • BargainJunky
    BargainJunky Posts: 1,503
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My little boy was three last week and in his party boxes (we bought them for 79p for six at Latifs - discount warehouse in Birmingham) I put a packet of mini cookies, packet of dried fruit (Whitworths is currently 59p for six packets in my local Somerfield), swizzles, two lolly pops, pencil with animal topper (50p for 6 at Big W/Woolworths), choc buttons (bought in selection boxes reduced at Xmas), piece of party cake, girls had hair accessories (bought from Superdrug when our local one closed down for 10p or 25p each) and the boys had a toy car and paper plane.

I usually start early for everything and have boxes of bits and pieces for party bags/boxes, shoe boxes for Xmas and stockings for Xmas too.
  • Bettyboop
    Bettyboop Posts: 1,343 Forumite
    Hi Strawbs, do you have a Morrisons near you? I went there today for a few groceries and they had pink and purple pairs of dressing up shoes for £0.99p....my little girl is 3 and they fit her no problem. I would say a pair for each of the 2 and 3 years and for the kids under 1 year old probably a cuddly toy...have a look in Wilkinsons. Hope you get it sorted.

For God knew in His great wisdom

That he couldn't be everywhere,
    So he put His little Children
    In a loving mother's care.
  • papworth
    papworth Posts: 150
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    if you go onto the Cbeebies website, they have colouring sheets you can print out and then add to party bags for free and the kids love them
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure