Capital one default removal

Options
Hello,

Im a newbie at this so please bear with me if im asking obvious questions. Just require a little advice.
I have recently started the ball rolling for reclaiming late payment fees and over limit fees from capital one i have sent off for the list of transactions, have received it back and calculated how much i am owed.

My question is, i defaulted on the account and am still repaying it through a debt collection agency which i am well up to date with (with only a small balance remaining), no problems there. However, after reading the article about reclaiming all the charges etc, i was wondering, the list of transactions shows that on the month that i went over my limit for the final time, this was actually caused by capital ones charges, i.e. my limit was £500, my balance was £499 and then they slapped their charges on, taking me over my limit and obviously this was when i got into a mess and they defaulted the account.

I would like to know where i would stand with regard to possibly getting the default removed on the basis that it was their charges that took me over my limit, causing the default, financial hardship etc.... this default is causing major hinderance with regard to obtaining credit (obviously i realise that its my own fault to a certain degree)

However if i understood the article correctly, if the charges are being refunded on the basis that they are unfair, then surely this could be extended to show that the default was unfairly issued too?

If anyone has any advice, i'd be most grateful!

Cheers :)

Comments

• woody100uk
    Options
    OK thanks for the info.

Where would i stand with just reclaiming the charges? As after all, people are being refunded them due to the fact that they are unfair and dont reflect the true cost of going over your limit and making late payments, would i still be able to claim for these?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure