We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Santander (ex Abbey) shares - need to sell soon
veronarona
Posts: 542 Forumite
About me = I am on an extremely low income and I know next to nothing about shares. I've had 200 shares since Abbey National went Plc and have tried to forget that I have them, otherwise I'll sell them and fritter the money. The last time I thought about selling was just before Santander took over, when they were £12, but I hesitated too long and they slumped.
Within the next few months I have to raise £3000 at least to contribute to building repairs in accordance with my lease. I just checked the price of Santander shares and to my surprise they're @ £8.99.
I realise that no-one can advise me categorically, but I wonder if you think, given that they have got to be sold (unless I could borrow on no-repayment terms, ha-ha, and Abbey have already refused to lend me money for new windows), that now would be a good time?
veronarona
Within the next few months I have to raise £3000 at least to contribute to building repairs in accordance with my lease. I just checked the price of Santander shares and to my surprise they're @ £8.99.
I realise that no-one can advise me categorically, but I wonder if you think, given that they have got to be sold (unless I could borrow on no-repayment terms, ha-ha, and Abbey have already refused to lend me money for new windows), that now would be a good time?
veronarona
0
Comments
-
I wouldnt sell them now, as they've gone down along with lots of other shares recently.
They were about 960p a few weeks ago.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards