Claim Interest Do I....Dont I??

Options
I have just worked out the money I want to claim for and without the interest its £4,482 with the interest £5,757 what should I ask for in my first letter. The decision is hard especially being aware that £5000 is the limit if it goes as far as the small claims court.
Joined pay off as much debt as you can 2012 challenge!!!!!!!!
Barclaycard £[STRIKE]7,954[/STRIKE] £7,870
Car £[STRIKE]4,091[/STRIKE] PAID IN FULL - OMG THE CAR IS MINE :T :j :T :j
Student Loan [STRIKE]£422[/STRIKE] PAID IN FULL - UNTIL NOVEMBER :T
Computer [STRIKE]£99[/STRIKE] PAID IN FULL - OMG PC IS ALL MINE
Car Insurance [STRIKE]£450
[/STRIKE] PAID IN FULL - UNTIL NEXT YEAR :T

Comments

• Bluebirds1975
    Options
    If you are happy with receiving your charges then claim that amount. It is like Martin said its about the amount your are happy with and under £5k should be easier to claim
  • nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Kerrymap wrote: »
    I have just worked out the money I want to claim for and without the interest its £4,482 with the interest £5,757 what should I ask for in my first letter. The decision is hard especially being aware that £5000 is the limit if it goes as far as the small claims court.

You are not entitled to interest until the court stage, Martin says to use it as a bargaining tool. The usual limit for Small Claims is £5000 before interest. If the bank offer you the full amount without interest before you file a court claim, you must accept this and cannot hold out for more in court.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure