Customer Complaint letter Help please

Options
I sent off for my statements on the 21st Feb without the £10 cheque. Luckily I recieved my statements on the 12th Mar, a lot sooner than I thought, especially with me not sending the £10. Although saying that, my brother received a letter from Barclays last week saying that they were sending his statements free of charge, and returned his money. Has this happened to anyone else?
I totted up the charges over the last 6 years and sent the letter asking for the money back on the 19th March. The letter has still not arrived at the bank after 9 days! I have sent parcels to Australia quicker than this!
Anyway, thats as far as Im upto on this.
One question I had was, with the OFT ruling in a matter of days, will it apply to claims that have already been set in motion, ie my letter having been sent before the ruling? Im guessing it will affect all new and ongoing claims.

An Update

I just got back from work to find a letter from Barclays saying, and I quote,

"We are sorry you have had to contact us about the level of service you have received from Barclays. Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We are looking into your concerns and will let you have an answer or update as quickly as possible, but no later than 20 April 2007. In the meantime blah blah blah"

Now, after speaking with Royal Mail who said my letter had not got there, do I take it that the letter has arrived or this is just a standard letter after requesting statements?

Also the 14 days from when I sent the letter is up on Monday. If I dont here from them do I send my LBA off or do I give them 14 days from the date of the letter they sent as I dont have proof/signature when they received my letter.

Im sooooo confused. HELP ME!

Comments

• nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bumear wrote: »
    One question I had was, with the OFT ruling in a matter of days, will it apply to claims that have already been set in motion, ie my letter having been sent before the ruling? Im guessing it will affect all new and ongoing claims.

Unlikely to affect anything with your claim.
    Now, after speaking with Royal Mail who said my letter had not got there, do I take it that the letter has arrived or this is just a standard letter after requesting statements?

Also the 14 days from when I sent the letter is up on Monday. If I dont here from them do I send my LBA off or do I give them 14 days from the date of the letter they sent as I dont have proof/signature when they received my letter.

I would guess this is a standard letter, whether it's in response to your Data Protection Request or your Initial Approach, it's difficult to say. I'd go on the premise if you don't have proof your letter arrived, then it didn't. This way, you are covered as best you can if you need to go to court with regard to proof of dates.
  • Bumear
    Bumear Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. It was confusing me as to why they sent me the letter. I guess my 14 day deadline will have to be extended now as they still dont have the letter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure