Advertised offers expired BEFORE I received weekly email

edited 17 August 2012 at 6:08PM in Site Feedback
2 replies 817 views
seekingoffersseekingoffers Forumite
1 Post
edited 17 August 2012 at 6:08PM in Site Feedback
Hi, I received the weekly email today (Friday 17-8-12) at 12.22

In the email there were 2 offers I was interested in. The first offer was the O2 Family and Friends Railcard Discount. However, I found out that this had expired on Wednesday. I was able to take advantage of the 20% discount code, but was disappointed to find the 45% discount through O2 was not available even though it was one of the headlines in the email.

The other offer I was interested in was the cheap or free cinema tickets. When I got through to find more details, I found out that the offer had also expired on Wednesday. In this page it said I should sign up to receive the weekly emails to ensure I did not miss out on future offers!

Very annoying to find I had missed out on 2 deals and that my weekly email was out of date before I even received it.

Any ideas how this happened?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• hi
    the same happened to me, i checked the date of the email then went on to my o2 moments and saw it had expired, does anyone know how this has happened?
    cheers

Hi, I received the weekly email today (Friday 17-8-12) at 12.22

In the email there were 2 offers I was interested in. The first offer was the O2 Family and Friends Railcard Discount. However, I found out that this had expired on Wednesday. I was able to take advantage of the 20% discount code, but was disappointed to find the 45% discount through O2 was not available even though it was one of the headlines in the email.

The other offer I was interested in was the cheap or free cinema tickets. When I got through to find more details, I found out that the offer had also expired on Wednesday. In this page it said I should sign up to receive the weekly emails to ensure I did not miss out on future offers!

Very annoying to find I had missed out on 2 deals and that my weekly email was out of date before I even received it.

Any ideas how this happened?

Thanks in advance.
  • Hi Both,

Because of the sheer amount of emails we send to, we have to send in batches and delivery happens over several days. Unfortunately, this sometimes means that some recipients may miss time sensitive deals. We also, on occasion, have issues delivering to certain email providers - can you let us know which one you are using? It always helps to know where we can improve.

It's important to us that we include those deals, but often we are unable to control the expiry date and situations like the ones you have outlined occur.

What I would say is that the tip actually goes live on our site from Tuesday night > HERE <, the moment we begin to send our batches. If you can, it's always worth a look there and then on our site to see if there are any time sensitive deals you might want. Then, when the email is delivered to you, you can read the rest at your leisure.

Follow @MSE_Forum on twitter
    Join the MSE Forum
    New forum user? Watch our New to the Forum? Youtube guide
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News